Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Apicoectomy

So I thought that I would post some pics to explain what I will have done in March that will hopefully clean up this infection once and for all. Kyle asked me how many root canals I have had on that tooth, since we read online that after 2 this procedure should be the option. The answer is 6, yes that is right 6. I wish it would be something like I went in for so much work I could get something free, braceses lipo..... I am not pixies choosies. Anyways so they will cut my gums where they meet my lip as the infection that I have it right at the edge of my nose. They will peel the gums back and drill into the bone and take out the infected tissue. They will then cap off the root to make sure there are no further problems and stitch up my gums. All of this should take from 60-90 minutes, how fun! I was given the option to stay awake with just the regular freezing needle or to sleep through it....they say there are no stupid questions but that one was! I opted for the sleep. The first picture is a general overview, the second is on a person having it done. Have I mentioned that I really don't want to have this done?

No comments: