So to update those of you out there, I had my surgery Tuesday morning. Kyle said that I was in for about 45 minutes before the Doctor came out and talked with him. He told Kyle it was the worst infection he has ever seen (which prompted my whole outlook of why do I have to be the best of the worst at things?) but he is sure it was all cleaned out now. I have a check up for the end of September, so we will know better then if it has all been cleaned and how I am healing. I was unable to do much last week, I was in a bit of pain when the pills started to wear down, however this week has started pretty good. A stitch has already fallen out (it had some help) and the swelling is on the way down, but I still have a killer sore throat and I am completely drained of all energy (though at an average of 600 calories a day who wouldn't be drained?).
Last week was a pretty terrible week over all though. We got a call from Mamaz to tell us that Aunt Honey (Mamaz aunt from her mothers side) had passed away. I am not too familiar with her, though I have met her a couple times. Surgery was Tuesday so all was quiet around the apartment, or at least I don't remember anything that day. Wednesday night Kyle step-Grandpa John passed away, we knew it was coming because he had been sick for a while. Saturday morning we learned from Kyle's cousin Debbie that his Aunt Sarah and a few cousins had been in a car accident and were in the hospital, but were OK other than 1 cousin having a broken foot. They were on their way from Utah to California for Grandpa John's funeral. So enough bad luck eh? Well it doesn't stop there. Mamaz called Sunday to tell us that Uncle Andy (Mamaz uncle on her mothers side) passed away through the night. He had been struggling with bed sores (he was a quadriplegic) and phenomena for a few months now.
Mamaz told me that it was OK to make jokes about death because it brings out the awkwardness in people and it is how I deal with things. So all I could say Sunday was, death comes in 3's and since Kyle and I have seen 3 in one week I think we are good for a while. As for how I am feeling, it should be another 2-3 weeks before I am completely back to normal and able to do things without almost passing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment