Friday, December 4, 2009

Tops Never Stops Saving You More

I grew up with that jingle, as most Americans and boarder Canadians do. I never bothered thinking about Tops savings as I was a kid and none of that mattered to me. But now I am a bargain hunting adult and nothing excites me more than saving. So does Tops really never stop saving me more? Well I was there last weekend, yes black Friday included a pit stop at Tops. Word to the wise breakfast is always at Tops with the best fresh donuts, American too so you know they are bad for you. On a side note lunch is also at Tops, they have AMAZING pizza! Can you tell I haven't had lunch yet? Anyways back to a meaningful post, while I was at Tops I signed up for their Tops Bonus Card, I know Mamaz has had one for years and it just so happened not to be on her that day. Anyways it is so super simple to sign up and it doesn't matter you are Canadian. Anyways you get it right there and start saving that day! Perfect! Beautiful! But Laura you ask, is it worth the hassle of signing my name to yet another card? Well my friend I am glad you asked. Yes, yes it is worth it. I didn't buy much that day, other than I seen Doritos were buy one get one free with a Tops card. However I am now back in my chair and reading all about my new card. What do I see about the card that now is like the best card in my wallet, except for all those gift cards, I see it gets you DOUBLE THE COUPON DISCOUNT. Yes folks with this card you can double your coupon value. LOVE IT. Now I will have to find some good American coupon sites (I know of one so far, Buffalo Moms Like Me). Buy one get one free is good and all Laura, you say, but there is always a limit and I hate that. No my friend, Tops says fill your cart and make yourself and your kids happy. But is it really worth it to shop in the States? My friend Tops sells their turkeys on sale for 29 cents a pound, try to find that at your Food Basics or Sobeys. And they are GOOD turkeys too.

In short why not check out their flyers periodically and see if their savings are worth it for you and then next time you are there pop in and sign up for a card. It is free, what do you have to loose other than a couple minutes filling out a short info sheet? Plus it comes with 3 cards so share with a friend or family member to become their most valued friend.

A couple things you should add to your list even though they may sell it cheaper here?
~Oreo cookies yes they sell them here but the American ones are SO better
~Pizza Goldfish yes friends you will die and go to heaven eating these no longer sold in Canada snacks
~Kraft Dinner the American stuff tastes like the 90's before all these fat kids got all the good stuff banned in Canada
~Land O Lakes hot chocolate you can buy it in big boxes here at Costco but there is more of a selection at Tops and you better believe these are great hot chocolates

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aww.. man I shouldve had you pick up mint oreos.. those are the best!!