Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Product Review: Bump Its

So a couple weeks ago I had wrote that I had gotten a bump it, and my apparent need to buy as seen on TV items. Well I have had my bump it for about a month now and have used it quite a few times, never once looking like some sort of movie star but I think I need more than a bump it for that. So what do I think? Well I am still unsure about this product. The instructions say to use plenty of hairspray with this, however I am not a hairspray owner or user as I don't like what it does to my hair. So I can only tell you about how it has been for me sans hairspray.

It took my quite some time practicing in front of the mirror to get this down. It isn't as easy as they show it being, however once you get the hang of it it becomes much simpler. Basically I just follow the directions, leaving out any hairspray steps, and have found what I feel is success. I have yet to try the above picture of jut having it in my hair without any sort of pony to keep it in place, however I don't often leave my hair down as it is unruly.

So how do I get it to work. Step 1 - MUST have clean hair. I have found if it isn't within a day of washing my hair it doesn't want to sit right, so clean hair! Step 2 - I usually use the small to bump my bangs back. I have found that you don't want too much hair in this, even though it shows having a larger amount. Too much and the small bump it will be lost. I use snap clips to hold this in place as bobby pins just don't seem to get the job done. Step 3 - cut in and straight up behind ears and brush forward. I know it says to tease hair but I really also don't like that. So I just brush forward to give a bit more volume. Step 4 - place medium bump it along the edge of forward hair. Step 5 - while holding bump it in place toss hair back over it and shift until it completely covers the bump it. Step 6 - hold in place with large bobby pins (I mean like borderline hat pins). Then you can either leave it as is, half back, or put a pony or bun just under the bobby pins. All in all it takes no longer than doing my hair usually does, possibly less time as I don't have to think about a style, just bump and go.

Taking it out is a bit of a pain, I still have Kyle take mine out as he can see the back of my head to make sure it isn't ripping out any hair. The package says to gently remove from hair, but I have never been able to gently remove anything that is tangled in my hair (including that one butterfly I killed in my hair at the Conservatory).

I love this product, well worth the $10-20 you will spend on one (got mine at Walmart to keep with my pattern of as seen on TV but bought at Walmart craze). Each pack comes with a small, medium, and large bump it, and you can choose the hair tone either Light Brown (which I have), Dark Brown, or Blonde (though I see if you order online there is more of a selection).

No comments: