Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Product Review - Strap Perfect

OK so this is my second As Seen On TV review, yes I do buy those products so what? Wanna fight about it? Didn't think so. So far I have the Sham WOW, Shed Ender, Pedi Paws, Strap Perfect, and Bump it (will probably be my next product review next week as I have yet to get good use of it). Pretty good collection of TV products!
So today I want to talk about the Strap Perfect, we have all seen the ads on TV promising no more falling straps and increasing your bust a full cup. The pack includes 6 strap perfects (2clear, 2skin, 2black) and a pack of stickies for...ummmm...I don't know what yet (they are the no sew hem making things if you know what I am talking about). I got mine as a gift, but they sell for about $20 and can be purchased at Walmart (and yes I realize that everything I review I buy at Walmart, but it is so convenient can you blame me?). The strap perfect is a small 8 looking piece of plastic that you weave your bra straps through to give a small boost to your bra (no matter how small the bra, it seems I am never able to find that right fit).

So Laura, you ask, does it deliver? My answer yes and no. My straps seem to be in place and don't wander anymore, which is BEAUTIFUL. Nothing worse than looking good and having wandering straps.... The no is for the cup size. I will share that I am a 34A, yeah I know there is like NOTHING THERE (in fact I have been known to go without a bra at all as there is nothing much there to support). I will admit that I do seem to be filling my cup better than without a strap perfect, but I would by no means move myself to a B. They also claim it improves your posture, now I don't know about this but I do seem to walk with back straight and chest out a little more proudly, so maybe that's it.

Now there are some down sides that I didn't see when wanting this product. First I have a real hard time putting it on and taking it off by myself. After all it is a piece of plastic that wraps around your straps at the back, and for whatever reason God made it so we cannot access our own backs. So you may need an assistant till you get the hang of it (to give an idea, I have had this for 2 weeks now and can only get it on alone, I am still struggling with getting it off). Second, because the straps are now a little more tight at the back to ensure no slipping, they cut in a bit on my neck. Not too big a deal I am sure with some rearranging I could end that no problem, though I do notice a bit of a red mark on my skin from the cutting in, but my skin is so fair it marks easily. Third, it does end up pulling the elastic in the bra so you will eventually lose the elasticity in the straps (could also be that I buy the cheap $10 bras at the American Walmart and that I currently only own 1 bra). To keep this from happening I wouldn't use it everyday, unless of course you can afford the nice bras or you can afford to be buying new bras all the time. And lastly I have heard, though not my problem, that it may not fit certain name brand bras (on the list is some models of Victoria's Secret, though as I said I cannot be sure).

So in conclusion I love my strap perfect. I feel it is a great product that mainly delivers what it promises, but who really cares if it only meets some of the promises when it works and you love it right?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Laura this review was thoroughly amusing and informative! :)