Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Laura's How To Guide

I am poor. Ok well only in the sense where if I am not feeling like buying something I will say "I am poor", the judges are out on if I really am. So one of the things I am too poor for is power tools. So how do you do work without power tools? Here's a guide.

Hanging Pictures:
Start with hammer and nail, hammer nail into wall, pull out. Put the nail back in the hole with your fingers, wiggle around making a bigger hole. Take a screwdriver and a screw, screw into hole, bring back out about half way. Now rip that sucker out of the wall. Now you have a pretty big hole. Big enough for you to put a plastic stud dealy in. Screw your screw into that and hang picture. If there is more than 1 screw needed make an approximate measurement of where they go and then when finished hammer at the sides of screws to make picture fasteners fit. Husband will no doubt ask if it is level, pretend to measure and tell him "close enough".

Hanging Speakers:
Nail deck screw into wall. It will be fine, say this to husband countless times.

Running Speaker Wire:
Hot glue to ceiling. No one will notice and if they do we can say they are racing stripes because they make cars more expensive, repeat to husband everyday.

This is seriously how I work on our apartment. I know how to do things proper, don't worry. I just don't have the tools. My house will be better.

Also as a note, if you are swapping out pictures and the one on the wall needed 1 screw but the new picture needs 2, don't think you can cheap out by running twine between the 2 picture hooks and using 1 screw. This won't end well.

No comments: