When ever I visit someone I always take a look at their bookshelf, curious to see what they deem worthy of being placed there. I figure it is normal for people to have a HUGE rubbermaid box full of books in storage, so the ones that get to the bookshelf are there for a couple reasons in my mind
1. They are the best of the best. This person loves this book, as is evident by the broken spine.
2. To show off. Maybe they are all a certain type of book because you think this will make you a certain way, lots of gospel books so people will think I am spiritual.
3. Maybe they are just the newest books the person has bought. As is evident by the book store look of the whole case.
So what gets the coveted place in my apartment? I will share with you, as you will never likely see my bookcase as it is in my bedroom.
I have 3 sections; picture books, chapter books, and gospel books.
Picture books
The Christmas Star, The Last Straw, Oh, The Places You'll Go, Something From Nothing, The True Story Of The Three Little Pigs, The House of Seven Colors, Smelly Socks, Where The Wild Things Are, Who Flung Dung, Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus, The Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog, Don't Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late, The Pigeon Wants A Puppy, Franklin In The Dark, Rotten Ralph, Other Worlds, Veggie Tales Where's God When I'm Scared, and Good Families Don't.
Chapter books
Marley & Me, Wicked, The Mouse and The Motorcycle, Ralph S Mouse, Socks, Ribsy, Charlotte's Web, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy in Five Parts Boxset, Winnie The Pooh Boxset, The Princess Bride, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There, Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul, Where The Sidewalk Ends, and Strange Stories, Amazing Facts.
Gospel books
The Book of Revelation Simplified for the Latter-Day Saints, All the Teachings of The Presidents books, You're Gonna Make It, The Latter-Day Saint Woman manuals, 100 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage, The Miracle of Forgiveness, Lectures on Faith, Gospel Principles, Jesus the Christ, Book of Mormon, Strength of Youth, True to the Faith, MEE Thinks, MEE Speaks, and Emma Smith My Story.
I ran out of space on that bookshelf so I keep my comics at my desk. Yes they count as books!
Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs, Star Trek: Countdown, Fringe #1 Tales From The Fringe, Star Trek: Alien Spotlight Tribbles, Star Trek Deep Space Nine #14 Nobody Knows The Tribbles I've Seen, Muppet Peter Pan, Muppet Show: Meet The Muppets, Star Trek The Original Series Omnibus, and The Muppet Show #9 Muppet Mash Part 2 That's A Wrap.
So that was a long post but they are all great books. So what's on your bookshelf?
No comments:
Post a Comment