Here's the set up. We leave my parents house (which is only 5 minutes from the boarder) at 8:30. The only time restraint on us is that the box office at Shea's opens to pick up tickets at 1 and the play starts at 2. We have about 5 hours to shop and get to Buffalo.
K-Bot changed his mind about where he wanted to go over the morning of the play. So he got new directions and we headed out. I wanted to be across the Lewiston bridge and at Walmart by 9am, we left with plenty of time. Unfortunately as we came up to the train tracks a train started. It was the world's longest train. So now we are running behind. That's ok I tell myself, every trip has to have that 1 thing go wrong and this is it. We get to the border and we get through in about 10 minutes. We get to Walmart and they didn't have everything we were looking for but that's ok because we are going to the other Walmart across from the Walden Galleria later anyways. We hop back on the highway and we are on our way to Buffalo. As we get on the I-290 we see lots of signs about an accident ahead, oh well that's what happens on highways no biggie. Well traffic stopped, then slowly started again. Then we see why. The I-290 has been closed. GREAT. We get off at Colvin, but that's ok because we know that area well and stop at a store for directions. After alot of ummm's and ohhh's from a very unsure guy, we have directions and we are off to Buffalo. Still ok on time. Then the road we are on is closed due to construction, so we follow a detour and pray we are still driving the right direction. We turn down a street and think we are going the right way, luckily I recognize the area and how to get to the highway, which is open on this end and we are on our way, again. Time? Oh not so good. We get to the Galleria and run across the mall to get to Bath and Body Works to get some body wash (the whole reason we came) and run back out, and drive across the street to McDonald's. We eat and K-Bot says we have just over an hour before the play starts which is fine because it is only 14 minutes down the highway. Luck changes? Nope. We can't find the street to turn onto because it has been renamed and doesn't show that in our directions. Luckily we looked up at the sign that told us we were about to get back on the highway which lead right to the Peace Bridge, that wouldn't have been cool to end up back in Canada. After circling twice we find the parking garage we are looking for and park. 30 minutes till the play starts, and I still need to go to the box office to pick up the tickets. We start running, we got a block before realizing it was the wrong direction. We run 3 blocks back and by then I am out of breath (did I mention I had been sick all week? not good for running), we get the tickets, use the washroom, run up the 4 flights of stairs to our seats, forget to get a program, run back get a program and get in our seats. At least we had 10 minutes to spare.
The play was amazing. Hilarious.
As we leave I want to buy a shirt and take a picture with the poster. Well I get in line for a shirt and ask K-Bot for some money because the place doesn't take credit card (who doesn't take credit card?!?!) and low and behold, we have NO MONEY LEFT. So I didn't get a shirt, I was upset about that. But I did get a couple pictures with the poster.
Our next play at Shea's Performing Arts Centre is Wicked. We will have better luck then. If only for the fact that I will make it so.
No comments:
Post a Comment