Tuesday, July 5, 2011

LONG Weekend

So this past weekend was a long weekend for us, K-Bot had 4 days off. It felt like the weekend dragged on.

Saturday was our first market day, so that already can make a weekend feel long. We got up at 2 and I drove to Peterborough. We left at 12:20 and had pretty good traffic. However when we got back into Kitchener we had to get groceries, by that time I was cross eyed from being SO tired.

We got to bed a little later than I had wanted to Sunday night, especially since I had every intention of being up at 8 to bike to the mall and back. However that was not to be.

At 2am I was laying awake in bed and heard a familiar noise. I thought it was fireworks a bit too close so I got up to check. And to my surprise (and a little anger) there was a guy in my car going through my stuff. I woke up K-Bot who talked WAY too loud near the window as I called 911. K-Bot being loud must have scared the guy off as by the time the operator came on the line the man was gone. However in just a few minutes we had 8 cruisers here with the dogs and everything. We gave our statements (all be it mine wasn't that great I seen the guy for a split second before waking K-Bot and then leaving the room to make the call). Fortunately we have some great neighbors (a fact I didn't know till that night/morning), one even came out and chatted with us for a while, trying to make us feel better. So after an hour of questions and looking around the police left and we went back upstairs. I didn't sleep at all, how could I? My car was open for anyone to go in now (however we don't ever keep anything in our car, all that was in there was garbage and flyers). At 8 I went out and swept the parking lot and got as much glass as I could out from the car. K-Bot made calls about getting it fixed (so long kobo dreams, hello needing a new window).

I decided that I NEEDED a nap in the afternoon, but once again that wasn't meant to be. I wasn't asleep long when there was a loud knock on the door. I heard a voice I didn't know and got up to see what was going on. Yet another police officer here to ask questions. Seems someone else called about their car being broken into in our parking lot that night and he seen ours and decided to come talk to us. We told him what we seen and what we were told by the police officer earlier that morning. I didn't sleep much again Monday night as my car was still open, K-Bot said what more could anyone do to the car, ummm well steal it of course. However it is morning and it is still there. The glass guy that K-Bot called is suppose to be coming to fix it today.


1 comment:

Heather said...

That's crazy!
So sorry that happened to you- long weekend indeed!!