Wednesday, June 29, 2011

When Handed Lemons....

So a couple weeks ago K-Bot came home with some rather bad news. They have too many people working too many hours and not enough customers to buy projectors so they have a full storage and will need to shut down operations for a while. Exactly 3 days. Exactly 3 days after the August long weekend. Making it exactly 10 days K-Bot will be off. Day 1 and 8 will be spent at markets as it is summer time. So what to do with all the others in between?

First we thought about going to my parents and just spending all day every day at the beach. We haven't been to the beach since we got married. However that plan wasn't the best as they don't have air conditioning and Gunner breathes a lot of hot air on you.

Second we thought about Algonquin, but that is expensive and we didn't want to have to sit on an island just the two of us. I don't think we love each other enough for that to happen.

So then what are we doing???

We are going to New York! We found great bus tickets leaving Sunday July 31st and coming back Thursday August 4th. We looked at hostels but all the good ones were booked (obviously) so we opted for the same hotel I stayed at last year when I went. I am over the moon excited. We were planning on trying to get down there in October for our anniversary but then K-Bot would have had to take days off which we didn't want to have to do. So this whole thing was so perfect. We have a list of like 100 things we have to do. To be honest I just want to go so I can get a new purse as my one from last year is starting to crack.

Also as a note this will be our first vacation together alone. Yes I know, almost 5 years in and we haven't vacationed alone, CRAZY. Our honeymoon was only 2 days.

No comments: