Thursday, September 26, 2013

Granuloma Redux

So yeah, the title can basically tell the story but where's the humor. If there is one thing that I know, it's that no matter what is going on I take it with a LARGE dose of humor.

I had my post op appointment on Tuesday, I will kill the suspense I am good! The doctor said the healing is good and things will be ok. No long term damage! So the granuloma part, I have bled off and on since the surgery. When I told the doctor he looked and said that I had developed a small granuloma, nothing too big and he could take care of it right now in office. Cool beans! No fuss no muss. Uhhh obviously I am not at all thinking at this point. He tells me "This will sting a bit", I am thinking that's what they say before a needle, I do needles I can do this. NO PROBLEM. Uhh denial is apparently where I live. It hurts, stings was so far back I no longer see it. Right in the middle of cutting and silver cauterizing (did I add sans freezing?? Yeah...) he looks up and says "Are you in pain?". And here's the punch line. I smile (unaware of this, but Kyle liked that part) and answer "Incredibly". That earned some chuckles from the doctor. He finished up, after what felt like a million years, did all the release from care blah blah blah (I couldn't hear at this point), and said the magic words "you can get dressed now". I felt like jumping off the bed, getting dressed and running out the door, however I waited till he left. On the way out he asks if we are having more kids, I mustered a "hopefully". Honestly at that moment the answer was never ever again will anything touch that area.

Kyle for his part tried to make me feel better about things. After the doctor closed the door he asks "Are you in pain?" I give him a yes and I try to put on pants while also not moving any muscles and loosing focus on holding the pain back. That's when apparently I needed the advice "Well it needs to hurt before it gets better." Luckily for Kyle that was the moment when I realized that I was in pain more than ever before in my life and decided I needed to get to the car as fast as possible.

Honestly I have never been in that much pain ever in my life, and I have had a natural child birth. I was in so much pain I almost puked and passed out. But least you think that I lost my humor with Kyle's advice, half way home I pull out of my pass out tailspin to say "Well now I know why all those vampires on true blood get all ornery when they get silvered".

No comments: