Friday, June 20, 2008

Bored on a Friday Night

So even though it is my anniversary of sorts (1year 8months married, 4years 8months total) I am still bored. Kyle went to bed early and left me to watch Bambi alone, I love Disney but not that movie so much. I am new at this whole blog thing, though I have wanted to start one for quite some time I was just waiting till I had something to keep people posted on, such as a baby. But alas it has come out of sheer boredom. I guess I could keep everyone posted on how our kitten Sugar Petals is doing but her status doesn't change much; mainly sleeping, eating, and adding challenge to my everyday life.

So recently I have been thinking about how it seems those around me have been getting into their own kind of employment. Making money with their talents, many of which have decided to become photographers. I do not have that skill, most of the time my camera won't let me turn it on. Kyle tells me that my talent is writing, though I think he is bias since he has to keep me happy for fear I will cry some more. I love to write little stories, and have written several. They are silly little things based mainly on odd events that have happened to me that I can stretch the truth with. He suggests that I see about getting some published and doing that for a career. I just don't know how to go about doing such a thing, this is where it would come in handy to have friends of different career types. But alas that part of my life is lacking, since I moved to Kitchener I seem to only have Kyle as a friend. My friend back home have moved on and don't talk to me much any more and I don't seem to be able to connect with anyone in town. Darn anti-social behaviour!

Off topic tangent there. I guess I shall have to open up and let someone other than myself and Kyle read my stories and maybe I can find some sort of way to publish my stories and have a career that I could actually enjoy. As for now I am stuck sitting alone at the computer trying to keep my ever so sweet Sugar Petals from climbing the screens.

No comments: