Monday, June 23, 2008
Our Story, Not Amazing.
So I figure I might write down how it came to be that Kyle and I are together, though it is a short and odd story. We were in the same ward back in Niagara called the St Davids Ward, and had seen eachother around at various youth activites and such for the year and seven months between me joining the church and us dating. Anyways we were never in the same sunday school class and on wednesday night activites we didn't ever talk because we had different friends. Finally in 2003 we were in the same sunday school class and in the summer I liked to wear this lovely sea shell hair thing around my pony tail. He thought it would be great to just pull and pull on it till I dunno it came out of my hair, and whenever I turned around to tell him to stop he would just say he was admiring my hair (what a liar!). Anyways moving up to that sunday school class I met some new friends and they were also his friends, also I became the president of my young womens class and he his young mens class (so lots of time spent together in meetings and planning activities, great excuse to see eachother too!). So we started to hang out, thinking that the other was SUCH a cool person (though after almost 5 years I am starting to see the cool fade). The people in our ward started saying that we were dating when really we weren't. We had both broken up with our "others" and didn't want to get back into dating, but hey everyone said we were dating and well we couldn't fight EVERYONE's opinion so we were dating. On our first official date Kyle took me to the Falls and we sat on this big stone ridge (the one that holds the lights to colour the Falls) and talked about how he was going to be King of the world one day and that he wanted to marry me because then I could be Queen (and I would apparently make a good one great pick up line). So 2 years from the day we started dating he took me back to that ridge and proposed, and yes for those doing the math that made me 18 and him 19. We were married exactly 1 year later (everything on the same date so he would only have to remember 1 day of the year). I guess that whole only remembering a few dates would have been easier had my mom had me when the dr said I was due, as I was due exactly 1 year after he was born, but alas no such luck, I was born 9 days later. That's the whole story, just as not amazing as I said it would be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment