Ok so I was watching The Drs today. Now I don't make a point of watching this as I am not a big fan of such programs. However today they sucked me in when I seen a picture of a pregnant lady so I watched some of this episode. It was on the medical trends of 09. And this is redic "designer babies", you can choose everything about your baby. Now I am not a mom nor do I think I will be anytime soon so I don't know if I get a say. But to me this is like almost Frankenstein-ish, and what ever happened to the good old days when making a baby was about a drunk night out ending in a forgotten pill and a broken condom? I mean at the very least you had a fun night, not some time in the lab creating a monster. I dunno the old fashioned way has been working for thousands of years, I mean Adam and Eve invented it and look at how it worked for them. Plus in the end it is fun, isn't it? I don't know it seems silly to me but it might not for other people. I laugh at the fact that you ask most pregnant ladies what they want and it is always the same. "as long as it is healthy I don't care", well I guess that is the end of that saying.
Alright and I was watching TV last night and I seen a preview for a movie called Last Chance Harvey, or something like that I don't remember movies that don't seem like a movie I like (IE Disney Princess). It is about a guy and girl who seem to be at the same place at the same time and never notice each other until one day they do notice each other and they presumably fall in love. I was thinking about it and about Kyle and I and our whole story. How could we have gone almost a year without ever noticing each other more than to know each others first names and that we were in the same church. How much do we miss when we aren't fully aware of what we are looking at? I mean Kyle talks all the time about the fact that all through his life it had always been about a Laura with red hair and yet he never noticed me. The sparks were there, the electricity was strong but I don't know, we lacked the sight we needed to see everything. It is funny once we met, I mean really met, it felt like we knew each other forever. It was a perfect fit, everything he searched for as Kyle would say. I wonder how many times we were in the same place at the same time without knowing it, I mean once we got together we realized that our mothers shopped at the same places and such when we were growing up. Anyways I just wonder what else I have missed in life because I just didn't see.
No comments:
Post a Comment