Friday, January 30, 2009

Kyle's Quilt

So Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I have not an idea of what to get Kyle, however yesterday I had the most awesome idea. He bought material a while back to make a quilt for himself (he is currently using my Disney Princess one which isn't as manly as one would like), so why not get a pattern going and make it for him for a gift. Excellent idea right? Well I thought so at least. I spent all day Thursday going over and over plans and patterns before I could fit a skull on a 2 yard by 2 yard quilt backing. Hours of math and drawing and coloring. Finally I made it fit, I had success I could do this. I knew if I played around long enough I could do it and I did. *Pats on the back* So now to lay out the material, first fold the 1 yard by 8 yard brown material into a 1 yard by 2 yard rectangle, easier said then done. My living room really isn't big enough for my projects (I tend to go overboard, you know go big or go home). So after an hour of making the brown flat and nice and folded I start on the white. The white has been pre-cut into strips to be cut down into squares for the quilts I was making for the holidays but I ended up having left overs. So Kyle had said to me before he wanted it left in strips and then sewn together from that. So I folded each strip down to the size it was supposed to be, taking FOREVER to measure and put out in the right place. Finally after a whole day of working it was complete, and I must say a master piece.



Look at it, it is simply amazing. Kyle was going to love this, my time isn't a waste. Well again that's what I thought. Kyle came home looked at the layout and said, no that's not really the look I am looking for. I was in a good mood as I was going to basketball that night so I didn't kill him right there. I asked how I could better catch the look he was going for, apparently he wanted the skull more rounded and it in general wasn't great looking. So how could this get worse? I went to basketball thinking that I could brainstorm out some ideas and go back to it today and make adjustments to it to better suit Kyle. But I came home to this site.....

I guess she heard her Daddy say he didn't like it so she made sure he didn't have to look at it anymore. I couldn't believe she had completely destroyed an entire day of work. Oh well I needed to redo it anyways......

No comments: