
Master Replicas now sell what are called Photo Puppets. These are the "stand ins" for the real Muppets mainly used for photo shoots (hence photo puppet). They are in no ways a toy, or even a working muppet (meaning you cannot put your hand inside and put on a show for your closest friends, sorry guys!). Now pictures cannot really tell you much, especially when they have no reference, so here is a reference. Animal is 3'2"($469.99), Gonzo is 2'2"($329.99), Kermit is 2'6"(299.99), and Fozzie is about 4'4" (yet to be released). I have my eyes out for the right price on Animal (he is my favorite and will be the first to join the cabinet), but I am also looking for the right price on Kermit and Fozzie as they look amazing as well (so far only a great price has been found on Gonzo, $1.00 start bid on ebay, but I don't like him). Then I start thinking about the personality of Animal (as I am sure I will at least end up with him), he can't just sit in the china cabinet, I mean that's not him. So sitting or standing is out. Then comes the perfect idea, you can pose these guys however you want, so why not have him hanging off the cabinet all crazy like, or even trying to climb the side. Yep that seems about right for Animal.
I doubt these will be the last things (oddities) added to our china cabinet, after all we are fans of alot of things....and we have MANY years left of collecting. So wouldn't this be the most interesting china cabinet ever? Full of classic characters, some name china products (after all I have a Royal Doulton china set and dolly), with Animal climbing the side and Kermit and Fozzie possibly hanging out on top preforming the classic "Good grief the comedians a bear" routine. Yeah I will have an odd collection by my better part of a century.
I might add, in a morbid note, we plan on having Sugar privately cremated when the time comes and K-Bot will be making a very nice "resting box" for her. That too will sit in our china cabinet, but hopefully not for many more moons!
1 comment:
Now a few people have officially mentioned that dancing Ariel and Eric is tacky. I also say go with what you love...and does anyone REALLY love china, no. Go Laura with the most interesting china cabinet collection of random oddities I have ever seen!
Post a Comment