Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Laura's Brithday/Christmas List

So here we are in the middle of September, why should I be posting about what I want for Christmas or my birthday (happening to be in the same month)? Well my friends here at the Eady house we are prepared. Shopping lists start in September with what K-Bot and I want for our birthdays/Christmas (all of which happen almost within a month period) and what ideas we have for all of those we buy for during the holidays. So I am all ready with my list to give to K-Bot, but it looks different this year. Usually I have a HUGE list of things that I want and K-Bot buys ALL of it....making for an expensive holiday. Then once the newness has worn off I no longer use anything he buys me. So this year I started my list a little earlier in July and have been widdling it away with questions like "how much will this really cost" or "will I really use this" or best of all "is it a need or a want". So through 2 months of widdling I have gotten it down to the final list. It helped that I asked K-Bot to set me a specific spending limit, as previous year we have had no such thing. K-Bot said $50 is the most we can spend on each other.....though his list is a bit more expensive, but I have never really gotten him anything expensive before anyways so it makes up! Add to that the things he asked for are more of a collective good type, I have no problem going a little over. So what would "Miss Laura Who Gets Anything She Asks For" have on her list???? Well here you are:
~Underwear - it is an essential/tradition that it be on there every year, I would prefer Muppet or other cool ones but would settle for anything cotton.
~Socks - another one we need to buy every year....it takes me that long to wear through 14 pairs!
~Nightgown - now this is not just any run of the mill night gown, I want a homemade one, made of flannel that I will be picking out at Joann's (black Friday = $1.00 a yard!).
~Yellow Teddy Bear - once again homemade to go with my collection, her name will be Lani and she will be wearing a tutu!
~Bobby Pins - I have recently discovered that all of mine have lost the plastic tip, causing pain and cutting of hairs when you put them in.
~Mascara - another one of those I get it every year type deals!
~Cover up/Foundation - I don't know what it is called but I need a new one and it happens to be in the buy every year category.

As for K-Bot, what is on his list?
~Socks - once again takes him a year to wear through 14 pairs as well (we have 14 pairs so we only need to do laundry every other week!).
~DVD Player - now we already have 2 but he would like a newer and better one. Well what kind you may ask, well it must have a usb port (more on that later), play all formats (divx/mpeg/etc), and be up converting.
~External Hard drive - probably 1TB would do, we will use this to plug into our DVD player so that we can store movies on it rather than have discs laying all over (which we currently have).

We have a list of things we think we will buy for everyone else we need to buy for, but I shan't post it here as they may read it! However I can share that J-Potty and Baby Cousins will be getting homemade pj pants! Very cool.


Also an update!! I have found my green "pearl" ring! I was so excited I had to hold in a scream when I found it. I had left it in my blue jeans pocket, however I had wore them since loosing it so I don't know how I didn't find it before that point but oh well I have it now and it is placed safely back in its place in the jewelry box.

No comments: