Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Sister the Chef

So I have had the great fortune in the past few weeks to spend some time with my sister. Mamaz is always SO happy to see us come home, then we are there and she is SO happy we leave. So I am sure some of you are looking at the title and saying, "But you said she is a student/nurse". And to that I say yes she is, but this isn't about her time at the hospital, this is about when she comes home and cooks.

So she was home for reading week, and brought her boyfriend to meet the family (mainly Fajaz as the rest of us had spent time with him the weekend we spent in Belleville). Mamaz and I had some stuff we were busy with and J-Potty really wanted a cake for after dinner the one night so we let her be in charge of that, please note she is 21. We figured she would do it and there wouldn't be a problem. Well half an hour later we had half a cake and half a black smoking cake like thing. We couldn't believe it, well maybe it was just the distraction of a boyfriend!

So we are home again another weekend, this time no boyfriend and K-Bot joined in. We are starved for dinner because we were waiting for Fajaz to come home to eat, however Mamaz, after MUCH complaining, said to just go ahead and eat without him. So we decided on pizza, Mamaz had bought a bunch of frozen pizzas. So J-Potty decided she will cook it, we all agree. A while later she calls us up for the first pizza, already out and cut on a board. I was a little suspicious but was too hungry to ask questions. Well the bottom was burnt. Nice. Again. So I decided that she needed to hear me complain and quickly said she wouldn't let that happen to the second pizza. So she goes to get it out of the oven, she prefers not to use a tray apparently. She is now trying to get a pizza out of the oven on a carving fork. I tell her it won't work, she says it is how she got the first out. Ok fine I will watch. I watched. And it failed. I watched the pizza break in half and one half stay on the grills and the other fall into a mess at the bottom of the oven. J-Potty, K-Bot, and I say a big "OH NO", and Mamaz calls from the other room "What happened?". And being as we are all children and it is apparently the thing to say, we all reply in unison "Nothing!". So before Mamaz could come see what had happened, J-Potty scooped up the pizza and put it out on the cutting board. Mamaz still knew though, because the oven was hot so we couldn't wash it and the pizza had landed on the crack so some of the toppings ended up in the drawer.

J-Potty is no longer cooking unsupervised.

No comments: