Friday, July 9, 2010

The Relationship That Almost Wasn't

So back in October of '03 K-Bot and I had just started to hang out, which was pretty cool for me because he was a SUPER COOL guy. We hung out for the first time the weekend of General Conference and really got along, it helped that he thought I was awesome and funny, which I am. So we hung out every weekend after that, even if I had to hang out at Sugar Plum because he was working. We were just really good friends, we were inseparable. So it wasn't long before the whole ward was a buzz with the gossip of me dumping my then boyfriend and spending all this time with K-Bot. We denied and denied but no one ever got the hint that we weren't together. I had broken up with my boyfriend because I was no longer happy and he didn't have a girlfriend because his last relationship was a bad one. Just two people swearing off dating and instead hanging out as friends. How come when women do this they aren't said to be in a relationship but if a guy and girl do it they are?

So while this is all going on J-Potty and I had been staying at our Grandparents on weekends as our parents would go away and we would stay back to get home work done. Every night we would tune into 98.1 and listen to Delilah, she had such a good going to sleep voice and always played bedtime songs. So J-Potty asks me out right if I am dating K-Bot and I said no, it was really bothering me that everyone was saying I was but I swore I wasn't. Things got quiet and out of no where a commercial comes on and says "are you in romantic denial", well that did it, serious conversation to loud outburst of laughter. J-Potty said I was in romantic denial. That was a Saturday night, Sunday we faced more gossip about dating, once again denying it. But that commercial stayed in the back of my head, J-Potty telling me I was in romantic denial. That was enough to push me over the edge. After much thought, and even a pro and con list (which I still have in our scrapbook) I called up K-Bot and said I wanted to be his girlfriend because I felt something for him. Luckily he had somehow at that same time also decided this and I was not left out to dry all humiliated.

So thanks to J-Potty and a conveniently placed radio commercial K-Bot and I have been happily together for 6 years 8 months and 20 days. And you thought that the conveniently placed commercials only happend in the movies or on tv shows.

No comments: