So on one of my many adventures down to Niagara K-Bot said we could stop at the Book Depot Warehouse, I was so excited. We spent an hour in there looking around, and they have great deals. I was looking at a copy of The Outsiders, it was a hard cover and the cover price was $25. But the Book Depot price was $9.99. Also they have sales maybe once a year, fill a box for $30. Anyways I didn't find the one book I was looking for. However I noticed that they have a website, so I went to it. They have their warehouse online so you can order books that way. They have great prices, this I knew, but the shipping wasn't that terrible. The one option is pick up in store, which they only charge you $1 for processing your order. So I look and to my joy they have the book I want. $7.99 instead of the cover price $25. So I order it and say I will pick it up in store. Now I was currently reading said book as I had taken it out from the library, so I took it back thinking that I would have my own copy to read. Well I took it back Friday morning (yes I walked to the library in the rain) and Friday afternoon I get an email saying that there really wasn't any of those books in stock, even though the web page said 2. So I was angry, as anyone would be. So I sent off an angry email. Not like me, and I regretted it all weekend. I felt bad.
Monday morning I check my email and what is there???? A response, very apologetic. They feel bad for the mix up and so if I place another order for that book they will give me free shipping to my door. FREE shipping. Well that was very kind. I didn't demand anything, just maybe if they don't have supply don't advertise to the contrary. So I ordered the book, the shipping statement said I could expect it in 21 business days. YIKES. Oh well that's ok, free shipping. I ordered the book Monday night and it was here Thursday morning.
I am really impressed with this store now. They seem to really care about their customers and work with them to get them their books. I definitely recommend shopping with them, if for no other reason then they are SO much cheaper than Chapters. And I learned that sometimes you need to stand up and say something when you are upset. I guess it isn't just men who aren't mind readers (K-Bot tells me all the time men aren't mind readers so if I want something speak up and I can have it).
1 comment:
Way to go Laura! :)
I LOVE free shipping ;)
Post a Comment