So we found out the gender of Noodle. I might add that at my 20 week mark the ultrasound place was booked solid and I had to wait that extra week, yes it almost killed me.
At 9 weeks when I first heard the heartbeat I told Kyle it was a boy, I just knew it. But then I had time to change my mind and forced feelings of girl. Forcing feelings does not change a baby's gender. A few days before the appointment Kyle and I both admitted that we knew the baby to be a boy.
So Monday comes, I haven't slept and I am sick with anticipation, and we hear those words that we knew were coming, "It's a boy".
But that's where the story gets good because what came out next will keep this boy at home till he is 30.
"He isn't shy to show it either".....
As the tech says this, Noddle goes ahead and proves just how true a statement this is and places his gender against the viewer for all the world to see. A moment of "Oh dear, I just had to marry Kyle and have his son. A new regret for my life. This boy IS his father." Followed by a couple more "Hey look at me guys, look at this thing" and assorted shots of him grabbing his feet and being VERY active (active and not shy, not a good combination) and we were done. Kyle with a huge grin on his face because he has made himself a mini me. And me thinking the rest of my life is going to be crazy, and maybe when there is time to reflect, funny.
My new mantra?
"Heavenly Father chooses his most choice daughters of all to bring his next generation of priesthood holders into this world"....right?
1 comment:
A boy! Congratulations Laura! Our family is excited to see you as a mom. We all agree you will be a spectacular one. :D
Heidi
Post a Comment