Thursday, August 30, 2012

On Decorating

I don't have an eye for decorating. I can't even match colours, though that is because I can't tell the difference between shades most times. Colours can be ever so tricky that way. So I am rarely called upon for say in colours, and to that end I can feel a little left out on the whole house renovations. I can't lift and help much because I am pregnant and get tired very shortly into a job and I can't even sit back and help being terrible with colours.

However Kyle came up with a way for me to help. He would choose the colours for a room (though I do have a bit of a say, such as "I like light green") and we would make up a theme for that room so I could decorate with little touches. I am turning out to be quite good at that.

So what are the themes?
Master Bedroom - Art Gallery
Nursery (girl) - Botanical Gardens
Nursery (boy) - Under the Sea Space (think octopus in space)
Main Bathroom - Evil Queen
Kitchen - Tropical Oasis
Laundry Room - Department of Missing Socks (think silly British office)

1 comment:

jenn said...

Ha! Why does it not surprise me that your rooms are each going to have a "theme"! I love it.