Friday, August 17, 2012

Noodle

So here's Noodle, or I guess more rightly, here was Noodle at 12 weeks.

So how does a baby get the name Noodle? No we don't know it's a boy, or are hoping it's a boy.

I once read a blog about a couple who named their unborn babies food names. They did fruit, which I thought was applicable since I sell fruit. Kyle thought that was lame, there should be a reason behind the food we picked. So we sat in the kitchen one night discussing what we could call the baby that would be a memory and meaningful. I am sure we will have at least 1 more night of this when Noodle needs an outside name.

A couple weeks before early pregnancy caught up with me. I was feeling good all day, so I decided for the first time in a couple weeks to make dinner. It was glorious. Spaghetti and garlic bread and sauce with cheese in it. Just what I wanted. I enjoyed my meal, I even had a whole bowl full (now I am more of a 2 bite and can I be finished dinner eater). The second that last bite went down, I felt "that old fashioned feeling". Tongue pulled back tight, stomach rock solid. Oh no. I got up quick and made the run for it.
*Side bar, why did I buy a house with the dining room on one end and the bathroom clear at the other?
I got to the bathroom just in time. A burp. Fantastic. I hate running. Nope wait, yep I was right. So I make a quick call on the porcelain phone before yelling for Kyle. He came strolling in, as I was making another call, like nothing was wrong. Lucky for me he didn't have a weak stomach that night, because he cleaned me up and helped me to the couch after a few more calls. Though he did miss the spot of sauce on the side of the bowl, which did sit there until a week ago.

So flash forward to a meaningful memory name. "Hey you first puked spaghetti (like this is news for me?) why not something like that?" Ummmm..... spaghetti? Garlic bread? No. Noodle?Perfect.
Just a couple days longer and the name would have been Yellow Sugar Plum. Apparently 7 of those is not a tolerable number, or maybe Noodle just really hated the movie Horrible Bosses (I know I did).

The worst part of the whole experience, besides dinner in reverse, was we weren't telling anyone yet so not only could I not call my mom and have her say nice things to make me feel better. But Kyle had a missionary meeting to go to and no good excuse to stay home with me. So I was alone with my angry/hungry/sad/sick feelings.

No comments: