Unfortunately being in that inner-most spot meant I would have to wait out their conversation to go to Sunday school. And that's when it happened.
A missionary (able to smell non-members at 100 paces) comes and sits directly ahead of me and asks who Kyle is speaking to. I said it was just a gentlemen who sat with us and from what I was to take from the conversation he wasn't a member. Continuing a conversation that, now looking back is funny but at the time made me want to cry, the missionary asks:
"And you are?....Kyle's friend?...."
"No I am his wife."
"Oh..... Kyle never said he had a wife...."
Oy. Sitting there, his wife of 5 years and 8 months, just short of 3 months pregnant with his child, being told he never speaks of a wife. Harsh.
So Kyle's out look on this?? First the cover, "Well I don't talk much to the missionaries so why would I just say I have a wife.". Then the hurt of his own "It's a family ward. Do I look over 30?!?!"
There were many snacks that day. Sugar heals all wounds, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment