
When ever I think about friends one piece of advice comes to mind "Laura, if you want people to be your friends you have to be nice". Oh Mamaz you tried so hard to make me normal and socially accepted, and it never worked. She gave me that advice meaning well as I was MEAN to everyone, deserving or not. I have a good many memories of torturing people that did nothing to me really. The best of the best was when Mamaz cousin Sandy came and JPotty and I didn't like her so we chewed up a WHOLE BAG of red licorice and spit it in her suitcase before she left to go home. She did nothing to us, but given any amount of time to think I can come up with anything, add to that JPotty was in as well and NOTHING good could come of it. So I tried to be good, nice, polite, everything that I wasn't. It never worked, I never had friends. After 17 years of trying I met Kyle and started college. A place for a new start, and I was an adult I could choose how to act and I didn't care to act nice anymore. No I didn't torture anyone......that I know of at least! I became ME. You see I have multiple personalities ME is the best of them, she is a good time, wild, crazy, say anything girl. Then there is the forced into submission Laura, she sucks. What can I say she doesn't do anything fun, she is normal, something a Mamaz could be proud of. I don't like her so much. Me had a great time in college and I made SO many friends, being ME. Plain old wild, silly ME. After college it was time to get married. Kyle thought that every day would be a new adventure, a new surprise. However we never took into account that ME didn't want kids and would go on the pill to prevent that kind of silliness. I shall add at this point that ANY medicine alters my body to the point of changed personality. So what was I left with but 24/7 Laura. I haven't made any friends since moving to Kitchener, I feel left behind in a way since EVERYONE has kids and I don't (though Laura wants kids). I have been pretty depressed since moving out here away from family and everyone that I knew. Through some weird twist of fate I have found ME poking through Laura, wanting to get out and have fun (she has been trapped for like 3 years). However a personality that has in the past gotten me through the making friends process may not work again, it worked on non-members who could take a lot of my crass frank and at time random and pointless jabber, but I doubt that grown women with children who go to church and are righteous would appreciate such a person. What could letting ME out hurt though, I have no friends so welcome back ME. Hope your days with Arnold are joyous and your adventures hilarious. Arnold is a joke to KBot, I don't even know what the joke was I just started talking about Arnold and he was laughing.....I don't know what I said.
1 comment:
Well I, for one, enjoy the you that I got to know in A.D.- was that Laura or "Me"? Either way- forget about what "righteous, mom"-types think- they may be weirder than you realize ;). I don't know if I'm in that category, but since I'm a mom who goes to church, I wanted to let you know that I do indeed appreciate random silliness. It is true that the moms tend to get together for things to do with their kids.. we need to do something about that. I think you should just come to playgroup- we usually just sit around & chat while the kids play- it wouldn't matter that you don't have a kid to bring! And if we talk about kids too much, feel free to change the subject & remind us of the other subjects in life ;) We should also arrange a girls' night soon, without kids... it's too easy to let time pass thinking about what we 'should' do 'sometime'... we need to actually do these things...
Post a Comment