Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Off We Go To Mamaz House

So I spent a little over a week at Mamaz house last week (I went down June 12 and came home June 22). Now what would I be doing there for so long one could ask, well I am a great amazing super terrific awesome daughter so I did what anyone would do, throw out all Mamaz stuff while she was away. That's right folks Mamaz and Dad were on a weekend vacation (like every weekend) at the trailer and JPotty and I went through all their stuff and tossed all the junk they don't need (or at least we figure they don't need). This resulted in 3 garbage bags of garbage, 4 FULL recycle bins, 1 trunk full of blankets and towels to the humane society, and 6 car loads to the salvation army. JPotty and I claimed this as our father's day gift as Dad hates messy and didn't seem to care that we did this while he was gone, Mamaz on the other hand wasn't as happy. Oh well what can she do it is all gone now.


So in cleaning we found Mamaz has kept EVERYTHING from our childhood, all our school work, clothes, and art work. Jess and I got in a good laugh that we better have girls as there are no outfits for boys in storage. However the best part was finding old art work and school work. I was an odd child even back then. Here is an example.....

So this is some school thing that I apparently handed in (as witnessed by the Good Job stamp). You will need to open this and actually look at the writing and pictures. It is a birthday list. I want a gun, I don't want a school, I don't want a ponytail, I don't want a knife, and I didn't want something else (no clue what that says). I think it is super that I handed that in, where were my parents during homework time? Did they not see any of this before I handed it in? Oh well it is ME for sure.

Something I didn't get to take a picture of is a letter to Santa that has been posted on our fridge at Mamaz for some time now. It was from JPotty way back when (or as I would say kick it back old school). It reads, "Dear Santa I want a baby sip and slurp. And please kill my sister Laura. Thank you Jessica B." Yes Santa was a hit man in our house, though a real crappy one as I am sitting here writing this. Childhood is awesome. I remember the best present Santa got me. I wrote a note saying I wanted Apollo 13 on VHS (I was going to be an astronaut so I would need that movie) and I got a note back with $20 saying buy your own movie. Hahahahaha what was he thinking? Maybe I shouldn't have left out that beer for him, he is a nasty drunk!

I wish things were as simple as they were in childhood. An example of this came to me as I read my school journal from '94. The entry said "My favorite book is Beauty and the Beast an Enchanted Christmas because I can read it", do you remember when things were simple. You liked things based on nothing more than you could do it yourself, or read it yourself? I miss the simplicity that was the 90's.

No comments: