When I was a kid I got lots of goose eggs (J-Potty was worse with a constant goose egg in the middle of her forehead and black eyes, we called her a unicorn) I got these goose eggs through learning experience. Mamaz would tell us not to play near the stairs and without fail one or both of us would always end up at the bottom crying. I wonder why it is we wouldn't learn our lesson the first time or the next million times, but all I can think is that with each fall the lesson would get bounced out of our brains. Sounds logical. So eventually I learned to go down the stairs all by myself and NOT on my head, I was now a big girl. The goose egg stage was over.
Well that's what I thought, but love has a way of making you a little clumsy. It was April 2005, K-Bot and I had been together for a year and a half. We were both in college (I was first year and K-Bot was second) and during a break from classes we went to liquidation world around the corner from school. This is where I found the perfect wedding dress.....6 months too early for a proposal and a year and a half too early for the wedding. So why even look? Well my friends it was a bargain, THE BARGAIN. Brand new brand name dress with original price tags (stating that it was over $400) on sale for $30. Yep $30 new. Seems the bridal store had closed down and liquidation world got the gowns and were selling them at a steal of a price. I quickly grabbed the perfect dress ran to the change room and put it on. K-Bot had to step in to finish the zipper, to which there was a small fight about seeing a bride in a wedding dress but that wasn't a very good argument as I was not a bride and he was not a groom. It was a little small, but being a girl and knowing a deal I bought it thinking I could loose weight, I was in the process of loosing it already (when I met K-Bot I was 140 and had quickly started to loose weight, by our wedding 3 years later I was between 90 and 100). So they gave me a nice box to fold my dress in at the register and the rest of the day was spent thinking of a way to tell my parents what I had bought and what I was planning. When I got home I brought the box to my room with a bunch of school stuff, I had finally decided to put it on after dinner and just show them. So after dinner I went to my room and put the dress on. Mamaz and J-Potty were shocked but thought that the dress was pretty. It was too long for a short person like me so as I bent over to pick up the front of the dress I cracked my head off of the back of one of the dining room chairs. Within moments I had a dark red spot in the middle of my forehead and a nice size goose egg. Smooth. K-Bot laughed SO hard, kissed it better and said that I was now going to be his bumpy.
So why post this now? Well the other night I became his bumpy again. He was on the phone with his mother and I decided that I wanted to help make the salad while he lay on the couch. I pushed and pushed the top of the chopper, but alas I was not strong enough. I got it in my head if I jumped on it all quick like I would be able to do it. Well I probably could, had it not been at the end of the counter under the oven hood. I jumped and caught my head right on the corner of the hood. I clasped my hands over the now lump on my hair line and ran for a mirror (I was talking to myself so that I wouldn't think it was so bad), I had a VERY quick look, all the time remembering back to K-Bot's head injury at the trailer and how much blood comes from a cut head, and there was nothing but a big red lump. When he finished on the phone K-Bot asked about all the talking I was doing in the kitchen, to which I told him and he once again laughed. Luckily this lump has decided not to stay long, it is now down but VERY squishy.


So I don't have a very clear picture of me wearing the dress but here is J-Potty with my wedding stuff. I am sure had her fingers not been so big she would be wearing my rings as well....
1 comment:
Im sure many who havent seen the dress would love a picture :)
Post a Comment