Ok so while down in Niagara for the week not only was I sick (still am, is 2 weeks too long to stay sick???) but I also had to go to the dentist. If you follow me you know that nothing ever goes well for me while visiting the dentist. This time was yet another experience for me....one that left me laughing though so not as bad as previous visits.
So to start off I had a morning appointment for a filling, which I was feeling even sicker needing to go to. Filling = Needle and Needle = Nervousness and later a drugged up Laura. So I go, feeling like I might puke on whoever touches my mouth first, the dentist comes in looks and says it is now 2 cavities. WHAT?!?!?!? How in the world does that happen? Oh well same tooth so not too big of deal. Then comes the mother of all questions, "Do you want a needle or no?". I have a choice?!? I asked if it would hurt and she said that it wouldn't since it wasn't near the root, so I said no. That's right folks, I said no to drugs. I get my filling and skip out of there proclaiming to be even more amazing than I thought and wanting praise for being a big girl.
While there I had asked about having a cap put on my one tooth that didn't descend all the way. This was inspired by Mamaz and J-Potty having caps put on some of their teeth. I asked and was told to come back for a 4 o'clock appointment. Huzzah, I always seem to end up at the dentist same day. I figure I got 1 good appointment I want to run with that, not come back to see what crazy bad things fate has in store for me. So I go back at 4 and sit in the same chair, the dentist walks in and after some jokes about not seeing each other in forever she gets to work. Once again I am asked if I want the needle, and once again given the choice I say no (see I am a poster child for say no to drugs). As the chair is going back the dentist proclaims I am going to get a makeover....I felt so sick! She explains what is going to happen and starts. She started by cutting down my one front tooth I have left that is real, I was sad to see the ridges go (I use them as my comfort when I am nervous, either using them to bite my lip or running my thumb nail across them much to K-Bots distaste). Then she starts the cap for my tooth. As she is cleaning out the area with water she sprays it all over my face! She quickly goes to clean up, but not what you are thinking. Kleenex seems so wasteful in this instance that she uses the blower for your mouth to dry my face, thus causing all the water to blow into my eyes. She apologizes and I say not a problem and she goes back to work. I lay thinking what else could happen, this seems like a hidden camera show. Well I didn't have to wait long for my next makeover accident. As she is smoothing out the cap a piece breaks off and flies into my eye. She didn't notice, and I just lay there now determined to keep my eyes closed as this seems to be hazardous. I was happy that it ended without anymore accidents.
In the end I look so much better, if I do say so myself. I still have the sight in both eyes, I seen the eye doctor yesterday and he said they are perfectly healthy. The best upside? Since my teeth all align now, I can devour my chicken wings better. And really what more could I have asked for in a makeover, also I will never play makeover again I PROMISE! (at least without eye protection!)
For those counting this makes 3 and a half fake teeth for me! Old age here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment