So K-Bot and I spent the weekend at Fan Expo in Toronto. It was fantastic, and I must add Sunday was the best day of my life! It was one of those weekends you have too much fun and not enough sleep.
Friday
So doors opened for those who pre-purchased tickets at 2pm, we got there shortly after 2. We had been told Friday was a slow day and not many people show up, boy was that wrong! The line up was crazy, it was not hard to find where Fan Expo was being held as there were huge crowds and of course large groups of die hard fans in costume. After 2 1/2 hours in line we were in, walking around the floor shopping. As soon as I was in I headed straight to the Exclusives booth and bought the Star Trek Original Series Omnibus comic. Then we wandered around the outside of the floor till we got to Boom Comics where I just had to stop and get a Get A Sketch Cover Muppets Comic. The artist was on hand to draw your choice of character on the cover, I chose my favorite Animal. From there we searched many comic book sellers for the Lost Boys comic, which I found for a very reasonable price (I had been looking for it for several months and couldn't find it for a decent enough price). We continued to walk around for a while, meeting some friends and some other people we haven't seen in ages. After a few hours we went downstairs and for a brief period of time attended a panel on DC Comics, it was not very interesting for us. We quietly left that panel and attended a Q and A with Peter Mayhew, better known as Chewbacca. We decided after another walk around the floor that it was time to head back home (yes we drove to Toronto from Kitchener and back everyday).
Before we left we met a celebrity though, we were lucky enough to meet Richard Wilkinson from MTV Canada. What a hot looking man, he is ever so dreamy! I was overcome with emotion meeting such a large star! He even stopped and talked to us, how lucky we are! I know you are all jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment