So that brings us to just after noon. Know what happened at noon? The Fire Marshall shut the floor down! Yep we were in the theater in the basement, J-Potty and Dewdrop on the top floor shopping and waiting for us. No way of getting to each other, people stuck outside in the heat pressing against the glass doors, people inside pushing and wanting to go up to the shopping area from the lower levels. I am not one for crowds so once we heard what was going on we called J-Potty on the cell and said we would have to wait till everything opened back up before meeting again. K-Bot and I found a quiet place without a lot of people behind the theater in the basement and had lunch. And that's when we realized J-Potty and I did a backpack switch since mine was empty and she said hers was too heavy. K-Bot and I in the basement at lunch had ALL the food for our group, J-Potty and Dewdrop upstairs had nothing but my hoodie and the program in my backpack. So after a nice quiet and relaxing lunch on the floor in the basement K-Bot and I got in line to get back upstairs (people were trickling up). We were able to get back up on the shopping floor by 2ish and from there we met up with Dewdrops friend and the 5 of us wandered and shopped and chatted. At 3pm K-Bot said he was going down to do get a picture taken with Michael Dorn (for those not in the know, he is the man who played Worf on Star Trek the Next Generation). He was back up to us by 4 and we were done shopping and taking pictures and ready to sit. There is no where to sit there so we decided that maybe we would go to a panel or presentation of some sort, we all agreed on a horror short film showcase at 5pm. What a terrible thing to see, I wish we would have went to the Spotlight on Archie Comics, those movies were first off not horror, and second off terribly gross. But it was cool, non crowded, and sitting so we stayed. After all the standing and walking all day and then an hour of sitting in a cold room we all had seized hips and knees and decided to call it a day. We said our goodbyes and headed home.
Saturday was not a very big celebrity spotting day. The only person we seen was Trevor Boris from MuchMusic. That was pretty cool as I really think he is funny, but he was taping for a show so we didn't get to talk to him.
The crowds parted long enough for J-Potty and I to get our pictures taken with lego Star Wars Darth Vader and Jango Fett.
No comments:
Post a Comment