And then there was one. One last day left of celebrities, nerds, and that smell that could only be described as commitment to ones cosplay suit.
K-Bot and I arrived right on time Sunday, we were early but we had to use the bathroom in the mall across the street. And while on that subject, Simcoe Place Mall has the worst bathrooms ever, it could have been the convention across the street but come on. When I went in Sunday morning there was only 1 usable toilet and NO soap (come on what is this Peterborough?). On the bright side there were 2 iTunes cards that they were giving away at Fan Expo on the counter in the bathroom so I picked them up hoping they were still good and what do you know, they were! 12 free tv show episodes, total score! But back to the Expo.
So we got in quickly, like the line was where we were Saturday and within 5minutes we were in! I b lined it right to William Shatner's booth, and thought "there aren't many people in line to see him, what's the deal?" That's when I turned to my right and seen the line was all the way down the convention centre... So we quickly got a place in line and the wait began. It is now just after 11am... K-Bot says if I want Adam West's autograph I might want to go get it since there is nothing better to do in line, after much convincing to go it alone I was off. WHAT A MISTAKE! Up till this point I have been chatting freely with people in line around me and making new friends, but now alone I was to face a crazy guy. I got into Adam West's line (what line? 5 whole people? Shatner had a bazillion) and the guy ahead of me turns and looks at me, I ask if I am in the right line and he replies "do you like Adam West?" I say yeah I like him, my eyes darting down to the box he has in his hands... He turns back and says "I love Adam West". That's when I notice CRAZY EYES! Luckily for me a family came in line behind me, to which I listened in on their convo and turned to talk to them about William Shatner's line. We chatted till it was my turn to meet Adam West. What joy! THE ADAM WEST! I walked right back to my spot in the William Shatner line all giddy, I had met Mayor Adam West (Family Guy, watch it!). I was almost to the front at this point, did I mention this line was to only buy a ticket? Yep a ticket to get an autograph and/or a picture with William Shatner. I bought a ticket for both...$160... What can I say? I am a girl in love!
So it is now 1pm and I am in the real line for an autograph. He wasn't even there yet, he was in a spotlight on himself downstairs till 2, this was going to take forever! We sat facing a brick wall, K-Bot said he wished he had got to meet Adam West, he didn't even know what he looked like after all. Well K-Bot wish granted, because not 5 minutes later security busted through our line, "NO CAMERAS, NO PICTURES!" Adam West walked by, and then back again. I guess even Adam West needs to use the bathroom. Wow that was so cool Adam West 3 times in one day, this day was great! At 2pm the line started to move, and quick, could William Shatner be there and signing this fast? That's when this really good looking girl walked by holding a guys hand...hmmm...she was familiar. She said hi and waved as she walked by everyone in line, very friendly! OMG K-Bot that was Summer Glau from Terminator the TV show (and also Big Bang Theory for you geeks). She was so super nice and just as pretty in real life! Well I barely had time to recuperate after seeing her before I was at the front of the line for William Shatner. I got to say hi, oh sweet bliss looking at this man! As I left the line I also seen Ernest Borgnine, yeah I know he is SO OLD!
Once we left the insanity that was the William Shatner line (now 3pm) and K-Bot and I were able to face each other and talk what was the first thing out of my mouth? "F that Edward, William Shatner is the best! I cried when I said hi". That's right folks, I had a girl moment and cried at the sight of William Shatner, but who wouldn't cry at the hands of Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise?
So it now being 3pm we headed downstairs (oh no not the dreaded downstairs from yesterday?!?!?) to catch a Q and A with Michael Dorn (remember him from yesterday? Worf?). Man I am happy I went to that, he was so funny and SUPER cool. I even walked all the way to the front and took a picture of him, too bad my camera is crap and none of them really turned out. I think the best part was someone asking if he would ever go into space, his answer was no it is too dangerous, at which point a fan yelled out "But Worf is no chicken!". His response? "Yeah that's funny".
We got out of there at 4pm and headed up to line up for the William Shatner photo op, which was to start at 5. Well that was another LOOOOOOONG line up. But once again it moved fast once he was there. And I didn't feel like such a looser in love with a 75 year old man when girls my age were squealing in the hall after having their pictures done with him. I didn't get my picture that day so no picture to post, but when it comes in the mail you can expect a post. So it is now 5:20 and it closes at 6 so we wander up to the top floor, which was pretty empty by now and see what deals there are at closing time. K-Bot wanted a black and white Joker statue he had seen the first day for $25 but that one was gone and the others ranged in price from $45 to $145. I asked the guy with the $45 one for a deal, he said $40, I walked.
So that was our weekend. A long weekend. It is now Wednesday and we are still tired from it all, and we weren't even out late each day, I think we were home by 9 every night.
Would I go again? Yes if they had celebrities I wanted to see I would be there in a heartbeat. I know some people had problems and even I didn't like being stuck in the basement Saturday afternoon but it was a chance to eat and I couldn't change anything so I just went with it. I had a great time and got all the things I wanted out of the weekend. My only real disappointment? Having to go back to markets this weekend! But who knows maybe this is the weekend I meet Carrie Underwood (apparently she lives there now).
No comments:
Post a Comment