So K-Bot and I have been together for 7 years this October. That's more than enough time for him to learn that I have done it all and yet he still looks amazed at me when I say I have done certain things.
A couple summers back we went to ZooZ in Niagara, where I was first in line to pet the boa constrictor. K-Bot couldn't believe that I would do this, my reply "Not my first time, I have petted them before you know". Apparently he didn't and is still amazed that I would be first in line for that.
A couple months back we were watching TV and there was mention of an animal auction, K-Bot said he had never heard of such a thing, then asked had I, well yes I had. In fact I had been to one as a girl! My Uncle took my sister and I for the day to the livestock auction in Wainfleet. I got the strangest look from K-Bot when I said this, apparently this isn't something that he expected me to say.
A couple weeks ago we were watching a show and the people were riding elephants, when I proclaimed that I had ridden an elephant as a little girl! K-Bot just turned, and now being familiar with my I've done that's, said "Yeah that doesn't surprise me, you've done everything it seems". I replied "Well I haven't ridden a horse....no wait I have done that too!".
I don't feel like I have done it all, not even done it some, but apparently I have lived a very full life of random experiences. Next on my list? Riding a camel (though I think I may have done that before too) and petting the sting rays and nurse sharks at the Toronto Zoo if I can this weekend. K-Bot will be there for that one, but it doesn't mean that he won't have that "you've done it all" look on his face! After that? Shark fishing in Cali? Who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment