Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's The Perfect Time Of Year For...

Scary movies!!! As soon as I feel that crisp fall air blowing in, I get all excited for scary movie nights cuddled up with K-Bot. That is probably as far as I go with liking Halloween. So we have been watching some scary movies (Scream Series, Halloween Series, and Urban Legends Series so far). I really enjoy the illogic of the classic, killer chases down all the teenage lovers and kills all but one girl, and no matter what the kids do the killer survives, movies. Woah what staying power that Jason has!

It's silly to think that the killer knows where each of the victims are all the time, that no matter what he can find them, and that no matter how slow he walks he will always catch up with the running victim. I have read a lot of articles on how these were created to keep teenagers from having pre-marital sex, I can see that. The virgin always lives, and, in the case of most of the Friday The 13th movies, the couple always bites it right in the middle of the horizontal mambo.

I have been thinking about these movies a lot since watching them, and maybe it isn't all about sex (I know! That IS a crazy thought). But hear me out, what if it is about a fear of death and God? I mean there really isn't that many people/beings that are omnipresent/omniscience, I mean some of the victims could be chalked up to a general assumption of human nature when being stalked by a killer and watching your friends die 1 by 1. No one wants to die, or at least while in their prime and having a good time (and I mean there were no frownie faces on those teens as they entered that camp for a week of unchaperoned fun) and we learn from a young age when some one dies they are being called back to Heaven by God. So why not have some sort of distorted image of God as some sort of grim reaper type character if you haven't really been taught much about death and God? The killing of young couples while having sex also fits in with the whole God image as well, I mean who else made that a sin?

I don't know, this is just what I have been thinking. Maybe I am looking too far into these movies, or maybe I am seeing just what they want me to see (enough to know that I will be killed by that half rotted, super human, revenge filled, man that is inevitably right behind me as I strip in front of my teenage boyfriend....wait is that K-Bot? NOOOOO K-BOT NOOOOOOO!!!!!!)

No comments: