Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not A Trekkie In The Bunch

So apparently I teach a class of Lucashounds...

This past Sunday I had K-Bot help me teach my Valiant 8 class (lucky me also got the Valiant 9 class and Valiant 11), it was a chaotic class what with everyone being back together for the first time all summer. I was having trouble controlling the constant talking by every student over my teaching when K-Bot talks over everyone saying "If you are all good and listen I am sure Sister Eady would love to tell you a story about who she spent the weekend with last weekend". Well talking stopped as I assured them all that it was a good story. I got my lesson done and proceeded to tell the story of me being at Fan Expo and meeting Chewbacca. The kids, although all Star Wars fans, were not impressed (what do you mean you didn't meet Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker?).

So they were completely unimpressed, so K-Bot asks "Do any of you like Star Trek then?", to which he received this response "Isn't that the channel before teletoon on TV?". Sigh, I guess K-Bot was right when he told me that no one likes Star Trek anymore...

No comments: