Thursday, August 5, 2010

Team Jacob or Team Edward?

So I read the Twilight books and really enjoyed them, but that's where it stops. I am not obsessed, I see the movies but am very able to recognize that it isn't real. This summer has been a bust so far for reading so I decided that during our weekly Harry Potter Uno games K-Bot and I would listen to the Twilight audio books. We have listened to about 3 hours of the first book, K-Bot says it isn't bad but it isn't his type of book (he likes British written or space books). So what does this have to do with picking a team?

Well last night K-Bot comes home from work and we are making dinner together talking about how Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress and horrid singer. Not much more to say to that so I figured the conversation part was over and things went quiet. That's when K-Bot looks at me while stirring Hamburger Helper and says, "You know I don't see what Bella sees in Edward. Jacob is so much better, that guy is ripped. Edward just watches her while she sleeps, it is creepy". I was shocked, but decided I had to ask "So are you team Jacob then?". He said he was. We had a brief argument as to what one might see in Edward, the only thing we could think of was that he was old fashioned and that is romantic.

K-Bot didn't ask me what team I am on, I usually answer Team Jasper just to make those "twihards" loose it. However if you need a real answer I would have to base it on logic. I had the chance to be with the good looking very pale every girl wants to be with him guy, or the tall dark handsome runs warm has too much hair guy. I really hope you see where I am going with this and you don't assume K-Bot is the pale guy, I chose K-Bot so therefore I too must be a Jacob-ite (hahahahaha all manner of ites indeed).

If I were to choose a vampire I thought attractive I would say Eric from True Blood. Look him up and tell me that Edward is better. Also in case "twihard" heads haven't exploded yet, I seen the preview for vampires suck and it looks so funny, though completely stupid (that type of movie was good with the first scary movie but have become over done stupidity after that).

No comments: