Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Weekend The Story

So I spent the weekend at my in laws house. I got to thinking, which isn't a surprise to anyone, that having in laws and parent is alot like having divorced parents. My parents aren't divorced so this is pretty much assumption based on what I see divorced parents like on TV. So I got the the in laws Friday night, where I was promised pizza and received an offer of potato leek soup, just as it seems that one parent always promises in an attempt to one up the other parent but in the end doesn't deliver. So I didn't eat, the next morning I got up to find the house empty and was uncomfortable with digging through the cupboards looking for food, though when Kyle helped I didn't find a think I liked as they have no clue of my taste (based on that I would say the in laws are the father of the divorced parents, as the fathers always work and never really have a clue what the children like). So Mamaz calls me and asks if I might "come out to play" as she put it, but I had to ask permission before I could answer. Stupid parents not talking to each other making me all uncomfortable in the fact that I now have to choose who to be with. So I was allowed and she came and picked me up, coming in for a quick hello and a "I will have her back by dinner". Once in the car I was asked "what have they fed you?" which was followed by a nothing, I am starved. So Mamaz did what every parent looking to please the child does, we hit McDonald's for a happy meal (yes in my long weekend I suckered 2 people into taking me to McD's for food, haha I am good). Before she returned me home, before dinner as promised, she had to spoil the meal with the other parent, so a quick stop at DQ was needed, where I was allowed to get anything I wanted. I was dropped off in the drive way and promised a call the next day. When I went inside I was greeted at the door with a "Did she feed you or no?", I laughed as the whole idea of divorced parents came into my head just then. That question was answered with a yes, but I was quickly asked "Are you sure she fed you?", like I would lie about being fed, I was throwing it in every ones face that I got a happy meal. The men folk went off to church and I was left to watch a movie that I didn't want to see with my mother in law, who fell asleep not too far in and left me alone with I think the stupidest movie I have ever seen. Sunday Mamaz called to let me know that I could come over and help her organize the basement and I made it known that I was indeed going over there, but the in laws kept me busy till 8 o'clock and then let me go knowing it was too late in the day to do anything, however that backfired when Mamaz suggested we have a family night with what time we had and we all snuggled and watched Iron Man, hmmmm happy meal and a good movie.....no having to deliberate on who I would choose to live with in the custody battle!

Anyways that was my weekend, it was boring as you could tell by the large story I made about the divorced parents. But it does feel that way at times, like when you have to pick what you want to do (one over the other), and when I was asked this weekend what family I would spend Christmas with....yeah I hate that. I wish sometimes I would have thought ahead enough to know that my favorite holiday would be ruined with having to choose and running all over Niagara to try to please everyone in 1 day. Oh well can't do much about that now....though I hear that Disney World is nice that time of year.....no I couldn't do that, could I?

No comments: