Friday, October 10, 2008
Plum Squares
Kyle's Opa owned his own bakery when he was young and still alive, and from the few things that have eaten that had been made using his old recipes he was very talented and had many great snacks. My favourite is Plum Squares, we have them at every big family meal. This Thanksgiving though we will be with my family and I shall miss those Plum Squares. However I thought that maybe I could share something from my new family with my old family (you know the whole divorced parents scenario I proposed....if not see below), so I started my adventure in creating Opa's Plum Squares this morning. How am I on here so early with a recipe that is so demanding of time? Well that is simple I live in an apartment and never bake, so I figured I would have everything I needed. WRONG. I am making a bakery recipe where they seem to have an unlimited amount of all supplies....like several pounds of flour.....I on the other hand had half a small bag.....so stupid I never look at recipes before starting and that is sad. So now I have to choose to either let what I have stand until Kyle gets home and buys flour or walk down to the store and get flour....I don't really want to buy flour, why couldn't it be something lighter and easier for me to carry.....like I forgot the lemon or something that would be so easy. Oh well I shall post at the end of the weekend when I get home as to how the plum squares turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment