Monday, October 27, 2008
Finally Back Home...Oh No Wait Gone Again
So I had every intention of coming home from a crazy long week and staying here in Kitchener until I go home for a shopping trip/my birthday Nov 28. Well that was blown out of the water when we were offered a hotel room for free at the Great Wolf Lodge. Kyle's parents were nice enough to offer that to us, which was quickly accepted as we didn't have much of an anniversary. So how was the rest of my week at Mamaz? Oh boy, lets just say I can see why people quit personal assistant jobs. All week I was to work for Mamaz, without pay of course though there was promise of a dress up Ariel doll (we never did find it by the end of the week so I got a new computer chair). So in the course of my 10 day stay I was at the dentist 3 times (yep I didn't know they let you go there that often either). During the day while there was no calls for sample pick ups I was incharge of making Mamaz house organized and look nice (she said it hadn't been nicely organized since I left 2 years ago). She was in the middle of redoing the basement which used to look pretty dank with dark brown panneling and odds and ends furniture. So I had to build things and work on the computer to get it running smoothly. Then when Mamaz got a call I went for a ride and helped carry samples and I would have liked to pack for shipping but there was bubble wrap and I needed a break. Mamaz works for a lab that tests stuff, like lead in paint on a buildings wall and ecoli in water, so major hand washing after work. We had a girls night Thursday as Dad left to go hunting with Uncle Dave (Dad got a 9 point Buck, huuzah), so we watched The Love Guru and ate junk. I will post pics of the basement when I get around to putting them on my computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment