Monday, October 6, 2008

Bad Day, But Not the Worst

So today was the second half of the dental surgery, or the end of the original that just couldn't get finished. So I was feeling conflicted, happy that this was it but upset and worried because last time I got the needle 4 times (and it hurts ALOT). Kyle promised me a McDonald's hamburger when it was all over as a way for me to get through the needles (only got 2 this time), however I think I shall need a bigger reward next time. Yes that's right next time. I wasn't in the chair 5mins when the dentist says "I think you will need surgical intervention". Oh boy, that sounded like all kinds of fun. Of course he tells me this as he is sticking me with a needle, yeah that made that news better. So as I drifted in and out of feeling, listening to the dentist and other lady person ask "are you going to be ok" I could only think how in the world could it get worse...but then it did. I came back feeling a bit better, as now I was frozen and not feeling much of anything in the head (I am a lightweight and I don't think he realized that, I still have impaired function). Anyways the worse part, how exactly the "surgical intervention" will work....oh boy thinking about it I am feeling dizzy. I will share but be warned that it is nasty.

They will hold my top lip back as the infection is now resting where the gum meets the nose on the inside, and will proceed to cut out the gums and open the bone to clean it out...."but don't worry we will be able to save the teeth" he says, oh that's a relief all that mattered was saving my teeth. Gah I was thinking more like hey hows about not ripping part of my face off, I seen that movie I don't want to be John Travolta OR Nicolas Cage....I think that was about the time that I was loosing feeling again, this time they asked if my husband had brought me as he would need to come in and hear what the plan was going to be, at least that's what they told me, I think it was more a matter of the fact I kept getting white and wilty.

So I have 3 hard months of bad dreams and thinking about what is going to happen to me and what my face will feel like and look like afterwards. I wish that people knew what was good for me, that would be to keep me out of the loop with my own medical information. I must be off now as this has taken an hour and several stop and starts as my head aches and my eyes and brain seem to be badly effected by the freezing.

No comments: