Thursday, November 6, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge

So Kyle's parents got a couple rooms at the Great Wolf Lodge during the Sleep Cheap week and they gave us a room. Kyle and I had never been before and since our anniversary didn't work out as well as we wanted we were excited to get a second chance to have fun and get away. Though I wonder if you can count the Great Wolf Lodge a get away for us as I can see it from my parents back yard.....but I still think it counts. It was well worth the $35 a night, Kyle even said it was worth the $199 it would usually cost to stay there. You get 2 days at the water park and a sleep in an amazing hotel room. For me I haven't been to a lot of hotels but this was by far the nicest one I have ever been to. We had a blast at the water park, they had so many awesome slides which were so long and the lines so short. They had an arcade across from the pool/water park area and so we spent some time/money in there as well. Before we left we got our pictures done from the water slide but I haven't put it on my computer yet, I shall share when I get around to putting it on here. While we were on our getaway we bought some presents for each other, though Kyle is more patient than me so his are still in the wrapping in the present box at Mamaz house. Mine on the other hand are opened. I got the Twilight soundtrack and The Princess Bride on DVD. I absolutely love the Twilight soundtrack, though I love music in general so it isn't a stretch.

Ok so bad part of the getaway? Yeah there is always a bad part, because well we have bad luck at least 25% of the time. So Grandpa had to be picked up from the hospital after spending the day with Grandma there, I personally don't know why Mamaz panicked and went right to the hospital before calling to see if someone had brought him home, I would have called first since Uncle Rod was in charge of feeding Grandma dinner and would likely bring Grandpa home. But Mamaz didn't call so I went running into the hospital as I wasn't feeling well and just wanted to get back home to lay on the couch and watch TV. This is where it gets bad, Grandpa had already left and as I ran into Grandma's room the nurse was changing her diaper and she was completely bare backed. YIKES! Not at all what anyone wants to see. So nightmares ensued. I did spend some time at the hospital despite my "bad attitude" towards having to go everyday. Kyle and I were asked to feed Grandma lunch on Monday, to which I didn't want to do but did under a lot of anger saying so help the nurse who says something to me or the man who gives me the wrong lunch for Grandma, I was out for a fight. Yes I do get angry, it takes a lot to get me there but once I am I need to punch and yell and fight. Probably not good but hey I never do it to someone undeserving of it. Then I went everyday after lunch to take Grandpa in and dress him in the gown and gloves, though when Grandma started fighting with him I called the visit short.

So that was our 5 day getaway, which ended with Kyle promising more time to go on vacation and once a year returning to the Great Wolf Lodge (hopefully on the Sleep Cheap deal!).

No comments: