I love the Holidays. It has to be my favorite time of year, and living in Canada makes it that much more great. I love the snow, I love the decorations, I love how it gets really cold and you have to snuggle in that much more, and I love shopping with the Christmas music in the mall. So since my holiday traditions are so close, I start on American Thanksgiving, I decided to share some of my favorite movies that I watch EVERY Christmas.
I start with Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, OK so that isn't a movie. But the thing is as soon as that parade starts Kyle said that it is OK to start decorating for Christmas since it is relatively close (He is a Grinchy poo, he thinks it should be up a week before and taken down Boxing Day).
Elf, relatively new to the list but some good laughs, can't go wrong with Will Farrell.
Rudolph, classic, used to watch the original taped one from 86, but that has since passed away.
Frosty, also classic, up until a couple years ago would be watched on TV, but now I have it on VHS.
Muppet Family Christmas, my favorite of all time, I have it memorized word for word, used to watch it on tape from 86 but it too passed and I got a DVD copy.
Very Merry Muppet Christmas, also relatively new, it was really a mistake, Mamaz thought it was the original but it was the new TV special, great guest stars though.
Shrek The Halls, OK this was added last year after I had caught it on TV, has to be one of the funniest Christmas movies, I loved all the Shrek movies and this is no different.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, the all time funniest Christmas movie, classic scene with the cat blowing up after chewing the cables, after renting every year finally bought a copy last year, Kyle HATES it.
How The Grinch Stole Christmas, started as a watch at the Barton's Christmas day but stopped when we all got older, however I always carry the VHS copy in case.
The Year Without A Santa Claus, older movie but new to the list, gave it a try after hearing the song on Veronica Mars, pretty funny along the lines of Rudolph.
A Charlie Brown Christmas, used to watch every year on TV, but have recently gotten a DIVx copy, short and classic.
The Family Man, this one I usually end up watching with Mamaz as no one else likes it, not too much of a Christmas movie.
The Family Stone, also not much of a Christmas movie, one that if there is time we watch.
The Simpsons Christmas Specials DVD, just to break up all the sappy Christmas stories something outrageous and funny.
It's A Wonderful Life, this one is all mine, no one else watches this with me because no one else likes it.
Joy To The World, church movie, usually watched at Kyle's parents as no one in my family is a member or is interested in church stuff.
Mr Krueger's Christmas, aka Freddy Kruger's Christmas, we watch this if only because Jimmy Stewart is in it.
The Nativity Story, this is only brought out when JPot isn't around as she asks too many questions regarding the accuracy of the Bible.
Nightmare Before Christmas, only if I somehow over looked playing if for Kyle around Halloween.
Those are the movies I get to enjoy every year. However on Christmas morning we watch what ever one of us got, one year that was Clerks, another it was Family Guy pretty much anything goes Christmas morning at Mamaz house!
No comments:
Post a Comment