Friday, May 29, 2009

All Growed Up

I remember when Kyle and I first moved into our apartment. We were young, I was still a teenager! So our apartment reflected that, we had very little and what we did have was unpleasant student decor. I loved it, right down to the dollar store duck shower curtain that we tapped to our patio door as to have a curtain, though I believe our other windows went curtainless for a year. Slowly something changed, I didn't notice our place changing. We would get a new piece of furniture when an Aunt or Uncle was getting a new set, we built a book shelf for organization of our movies....we never seen it coming. Now we stand in our living room looking around and cannot even see that student decor, no more young couple apartment, just an all growed up apartment. I never noticed the change until our last "move in". We have been here in this apartment since October 1 2006 (yes before we were married, I moved my stuff up with his to save gas but still lived at my parents with like 5 outfits and a mattress until we got married) anyways we have been here that long and I still have yet to move my stuff out of my parents house. I keep thinking I am done then I find yet another room full of my stuff, when will it end? The last time I was at Mamaz house she was redecorating and asked if I could take some stuff back here that was mine, my Royal Albert 16 setting china set..... Now I have struggled with this set forever, Grandma Landon's sister left it to me when she died and I know it is worth ALOT of money and wanted to sell it for the longest time, but could never bring myself to do it. Well Aunt Barb happened to be visiting while I was crying and packing (what I thought at the time was) the last of my stuff. She said if I wanted I could have my Great Grandma Collee's china cabinet that I had been admiring at her house for a while to house my china here since the cabinet that held the china at Mamaz house was hers. So upon setting it up I think rolled Kyle and I over to the adult world. We now have a beautiful china cabinet that houses mainly our nices (that what I call all my nice things, nices) and our china.
On the top shelf we have Ariel and Eric Two Worlds, One Heart Disney Royal Doulton figurine, On the next shelf we have December Gemstone Royal Doulton figurine, and all my little girl figurines,
On the next shelf our wedding stuff, cake topper, cake cutting set, bride/groom flutes, and picture,
On the last shelf we have our "Pirate" collection, Disney Pirates water globe and some skeleton Pirates Kyle got for Christmas.
We are adults with matching furniture and china..... So long young years see you never.
The BeforeThe After

No comments: