Friday, August 22, 2008

Honeymoon Redo #2


Pics from our honeymoon, it was a nice unit at least.

So as most people know I was less than impressed with the way my honeymoon went. Nothing ever seems to go right for us.

Grandma Matlock (Eady) got us a condo for our honeymoon, which was only going to be a 3night 3day honeymoon as Kyle needed to be back at work. It was really nice of Grandma to do this for us as we had previously decided not to have one so that we could get settled in our place and also visit all the family that had come from all over for our wedding (also we had to pay for the wedding and as 2 young people just out of school we didn't have enough for a honeymoon as well). Anyways it was near the Horse Shoe Valley ski resort, I think the place we stayed at was called Carriage Hills Resort? Maybe? Oh, I don't know. Anyways it was way out there and I knew we were way far out there when the lights of Barrie pasted us and the road ahead became dark again on our way up there. So we drove to the resort and got there around 10pm, a late start to the honeymoon the day after the wedding but hey still a honeymoon. Until the receptionist said that we could not check in without the people who made the reservation, and of course it was so late there was no manager working. So we could call Grandma right? Wrong, she and her husband were vacationing in Hawaii at the time, besides which she lives in California and I doubt this receptionist was going to let me call long distance on their phone. So we drove home, stopping once to have dinner about midnight at a McDonalds. The next morning we got up to call our parents to let them know where we were, as I was still a teenager and well that is imprinted in every teen to call home when you sleep over somewhere different than you said. That afternoon Grandma called and said she talked to the people and they would now let us check in. Well after fighting out whether we should bother driving all the way back up there or just stay home since we almost would have to turn around and come right back home, we left for the honeymoon yet again. This time we knew that there was nothing around for miles so we stopped at the last grocery store we knew, which was still 30 mins from the resort. We checked in and then did nothing! There was nothing to do, it was down season so there was no one around and no activities running. There was a pool, half indoor half outdoor, but it was October so it was cold. I did go to the hot tub once but it was too hot so I sat in a lawn chair in the pool area while Kyle braved a swim. On the way out of the pool building we seen you could rent movies so we shelled out the $5 a movie and got The Family Stone for me and The Hills Have Eyes for Kyle. We stayed up extra late so we could watch The Hills Have Eyes in the dark and needless to say I didn't sleep that night as I was terrified. The only thing that saved the boring trip was there was a hot tub in the unit so I would play in there until Kyle filled me up with champade (I seriously don't have a clue on how to spell that) and I almost tossed my dinner in the tub, that was my last hot tub for the trip.

So this past year for our 1 year anniversary we got a hotel room, the honeymoon suite. This was going to be better, Kyle said I could eat out every meal and eat an entire birthday cake myself! Awesome! Yeah but he is cheap so he went with the hotel that was like $50 a night. Oh yeah it was everything $50 can get you and more. No mattress cover or sheets on the bed and the in room hot tub? The first use the jets fell off the side of the tub. Yep it was just an experience. I was so sick from the look of the room and the fact it was on the bad side of town that I didn't sleep a wink the whole weekend. So 2 times terrible honeymoons. With all that being done Kyle promised this year would be better, especially since this may be the last anniversary without kids.

So this years plan he came up with last night. It is almost as good as the other trips. We have an appointment to get our teeth cleaned at the dentist, I know! Great husband! I could have a spa day but a dentist appointment is so better. Then he said McDonalds for breakfast, and he will give me all the money I want because he is taking me over the river to shop as much as I want. Then back to St Kitts for a Keg dinner. Now I am not sure how this could possibly go bad as not one part involves sleeping any where other than my parents house which will consist of an air mattress on the floor of my old bedroom (which is now an office that NEVER gets used).

With less than 2 months till my anniversary I can't decided whether to be excited for the plans of scared of what on earth could happen this time around.

No comments: