So as most know by the pictures of my computer that I have posted on my facebook, I am a HUGE fan of Disney Princess but more specifically The Little Mermaid. This was at first all to do with the fact that growing up kids need heroes that look like them and well no one has red hair, well I guess Jessica Rabbit did but she isn't so much for kids, and what would I have turned out like if she was who I looked up to. Anyways I absolutely LOVE the movies now and the music probably more so. So when I heard at the end of last year that there would be a Little Mermaid 3 released this summer I was over the moon. The first movie was released in 1989 and I never got a copy of it, instead my Mom got me every other movie....not the same. Then the Little Mermaid 2 Return to the Sea came out in 2000, I don't remember that movie too well, though I am sure I seen it a few times. Just before Kyle and I got married The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition DVD came out and Kyle bought me that to cheer me up because I was still really sad about being so far away from home (though now my apartment is home). It took him months and a little more than he wanted to pay but he also got me The Little Mermaid 2 Return to the Sea on dvd from ebay. Now all I had to do was wait, a talent I do not have, I never wait everything has to be now. So when The Little Mermaid Ariel's Beginning was released yesterday there was no waiting, Kyle even offered for me to take the car at midnight and buy it at the 24 hour Walmart. I didn't need it that bad, plus that is well passed my 9 o'clock bed time. So I woke up early and got myself all ready for a long walk and started my journey to Walmart, I walked all the way there and back, only stopping to shop at Walmart, get a cinnamon melt at McDonalds (they are so GOOD by the way), and a quick stop at the corner store to get a slushie. I was gone a total of 2 hours, and I must say today waking up with sore legs I am not sure it was completely worth it. I think I got half way there before I thought I should have just gotten up and drove Kyle to work so that I could drive there and back, coincidentally it was around the same time as I realized that the road was alot more hilly than I have ever noticed. To Kyle's amazement when he got home I hadn't even watched my movie, I was being a good wife and waiting till he got home so we could watch it together (Kyle likes the Little Mermaid as he has a thing for red heads).
Now for the review, it was like 77mins, so not very long. As a big fan who looked forward to this movie I was a bit disappointed in the way they took it. I was aware in buying and watching it that this is Disney's last straight to dvd sequel so I knew it wouldn't be amazing but I thought that it would be better than it was. It was a prequel as could be told by the title. The two things that bothered me was the Ariel's mother's story line and the fact that it never explains how Ursula became the sea witch (she isn't even in the movie at all). However if you are a big Mermaid fan you will not care so much as well it is another installment of a great movie, and the music is just as catchy as the original.
No comments:
Post a Comment