Ok so this past week I have done not much of anything, Kyle was kind enough to give me a whole week of doing nothing so that I could recover. He has been sweet and patient, but at times has gotten frustrated at my lack of desire for eating. Although it isn't like I didn't suffer from my lack of protein, working markets almost killed me this week. Who would have thought that after a week of pretty much no food, getting up at 2am and working all day under a tarp in the sun I would almost pass out and totally barf everywhere. My head was spinning and apparently I was pale enough to warrant some concerned looks from everyone. It didn't help that I slipped and hit my nails against the wooden handle of the peach baskets ending in with a large splinter of wood under the nail. That wasn't even the worst part, I had an allergic reaction to the cherries, never been really allergic to anything, so now I have these red spots all over my right hand, they hurt but hey at least I am sitting here in my apartment now knowing full well that cherry season is over for yet another year. Sunday wasn't too much better, my head was still spinning and thus began another week of "man my tooth hurts" and "I wish I could eat a Quiznos Meatball Sub".
So that aside I took the week to read a book I had been wanting to read for a couple months now. Going back a couple months I was watching some previews for movies coming out and came across Twilight. Since I seem to be "enjoying" vampire movies lately I decided to watch the preview, very nice. Enough to capture my attention for a couple hours. I read more about it to decide if it was a movie I would waste my money on, and I read about it being written by a member of the church (that assured me that it would be a book I could actually say that I read and feel safe no one would be like "hey that was an inappropriate book you told me to read"). I also came across reviews hailing it as the new Harry Potter. Now I cannot claim that I have read all the Harry Potter books, however I did start with the third book and finished the series. I loved them very much, they had to have been the best written books ever, I could picture everything just perfectly. So that being said about Twilight, I then needed to read it. There were far too many holds on the library copies for me to ever read it before the movie. So I bought it off of amazon.ca, received it within 24 hours, and had finished it 14 hours later. It was amazing I could not put it down. So with that being said I now sit here very impatiently waiting to receive the next 3 books in the mail. Now looking back at the trailer I am happy that I read the book first, as the movie doesn't seem to be exactly as the book (though the Harry Potter movies were missing some parts of the books as well). I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. So that was my week, I still stand by my statement that women who are home without children really have nothing much going on. Nothing ever seems to be new with me other than a project I am working on or the odd time I actually get to leave the apartment and do something fun. I do think that blogs are best saved for updates on babies and staying up to date on peoples lives that are full of things other than teddy bears and other snuggles. Oh well I have nothing better to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment