So when bedtime comes around I often time let my mind go as I am about to fall asleep and that's when it happens. Something small will creep in there and bother me. An example? It has happened twice this week, the first time I was almost asleep when I looked at the closet and realized that I couldn't find my black dress pants (not that the closet was open or that I was looking for them, they were just lost in my mind). I was in a panic and couldn't sleep, I called JPotty first thing the next day to see if I left them at Mamaz praying the whole time that they weren't something I tossed while going through my stuff. JPotty said they weren't there, however upon thinking about it I found them where I had left them, the box under the bed with all the winter clothes in it. Last night it was a book I got for my birthday from Mamaz, Who Flung Dung (really funny I think everyone with kids should buy it). Anyways I was in tears upset that I couldn't find it, once again without looking for it as it had just popped into my mind as something my mind couldn't place in any certain place. I was so upset, I couldn't believe I lost it, KBot was trying to comfort me but to no avail, until of course he said "Are you even sure you got a copy of that book? I thought Mamaz gave it to Kaleigh-kins?". I stopped crying at once upon realizing that I didn't own a copy, and fell asleep at once. Well this morning low and behold it is on the book shelf with the rest of my kids books, just where it should be.
So as for lesson learned at what price? JPotty called me to tell me Mamaz got a text from Oscar (a man at the trailer) saying there had been a boating accident (more on that here) and that the son of the woman who owns the park had been injured. JPotty and I got a good laugh at idiots and said how we had seen this coming all year (the year started in May for those who don't know when trailers open). So Mamaz called today so say that the doctors aren't sure they can save the arm, my reaction? Well serves him right, maybe he will learn his lesson now it is an important one. And what was the price of that lesson? Exactly 1 arm!
See aren't you happy you stayed to read to the end? Now I just wish that my travel plans hadn't changed, I bet the park in a buzz with stories and laughs.
1 comment:
I do that all the time too.. the other day I couldnt sleep because I thought that I had left Kiefer's baby wipes at the Early Years Centre. How stupid is that? We have tons at home... but it just bugged me in the back of my mind enough to not be able to sleep.
Post a Comment