Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Awesome Storm, Terrible Results

So last night while my companion and I were visiting teaching, and Kyle was babysitting her kids there was a thunderstorm. Now this was the most fantastic storm I have ever seen. It was good, I loved it. I had a little worry in the back of my mind as I seen the power go out that the power supply box Kyle has hooked up to the computers was going off and that is quite the alarm. So once finished visiting teaching, Heidi and I went back to her place and waited out the storm so Kyle and I wouldn't have to drive in such a terrible down pour. Well eventually it did slow down and we made our way home, the whole 5 blocks. Well half an hour and several U turns later we were home. Between our 2 homes there are lots of low spots and well that leads to alot of flooding and police turning you around, so we had to take the very long way home, which was also flooded but not as deep as the other ways (one of which was up half way through a cars windshield). So a story is what we called it, we laughed and thought that it was all fun...until...we got home to realize the windows were open. Now we have been here for 2 years and never had rain come in the windows, but I guess there is a first time for everything. So today is a dry out day, in our room the rain came in and flooded half way across the floor and came in on our tv/vcr/dvd set up so lets hope nothing is broken there, then in the living room our box fan was full of water, the kitchen rug was cleaned with the water but the wooden chairs need to be refinished now that there are such terrible water stains, and the spare room oh why did I ever think that leaving the bed under the window was a good idea? The mattress isn't too bad but we have a bathtub full of pillows/sheets/ and other assorted bed things trying to dry. So maybe this will teach me what Kyle always tells me, that in an infinite time line everything is inevitable. I wish I would listen more often, I mean I did have 2 years experience on my side saying rain wouldn't come in the window but it had to happen sometime.

No comments: