Monday, July 14, 2008

New Bear or Old Bear?Too Big of a Decision




Ok so for our 1 year dating anniversary Kyle made me a teddy bear. He had worked on this bear for over 6 months, even bringing it in to the cafe he worked at so that when he wasn't busy he could be sewing it. He is blue and at the time I was helping Kyle by doing some reading of a text book and helping him with the homework assigned from the book. One of the things that that class was about was Bluetooth technology, so Kyle named the bear Bluetooth when he gave it to me. I sleep with this bear every night, and drag him everywhere I go. He has been almost everywhere I have; college, Ohio, Time Out for Women pretty much anywhere I go that I would sleep over. I love this bear to pieces, literally. He is now almost 4 years old and alot less blue than he came. He has been chewed by my dog, dropped in dirt pretty much what a toy would go through with a child. So needless to say he has need of constant and extensive repairs. He needs stuffing according to Kyle, but I make the excuse that he went of a diet and therefore doesn't want to be fattened again. Last week as I snuggled him to fall asleep I noticed that there seemed to be a little hole, well once the lights were turned back on his entire arm had almost come off. So Kyle took him the next day and fixed him. Then came the sad part, he sat me down and said it was time for Bluetooth to go on the shelf, he had too much love that he wasn't prepared for and that he wasn't going to last much longer. Of course I am a big baby, so I started crying and squeezing my bear tight screaming "you can't take him from me", I ran to bed and closed the door. Kyle had tried last summer to replace Bluetooth by making me a Koala Bear, which he thought would be good because then it wasn't really replacing him if it was a different animal. She was a pink Koala that Kyle named Pentium, or Penny for short. Well Bluetooth was shelved for a week until I loved Penny till her head came clean off.
So now faced with the decision of do I keep Bluetooth with me and eventually there will be nothing left, or do I shelf him and Kyle make me a new bear that way Bluetooth will be around forever, I can't decide. At first I wanted a new bear, he would be purple, with either a green bow tie or a green vest. However since thinking about it I don't want to let go of the bear I have so many memories with.
The pictures are of the paws Kyle sewed by hand at work, the first picture of Bluetooth when I got him (the sock monkey I made for Kyle his name is Network Pete), and finally what Bluetooth looks like now.

No comments: