
So yesterday being 1 year since we brought Sugar home I got to thinking about how much she has changed. And last night as I went to bed I remembered that terrible first night. Stupidly Kyle and I thought that we could just give her the spare room with food water and a litter box and she would be good, hahahhaa NOT! She cried so loud all night and nothing seemed to make her happy, even me getting up and sleeping in the spare room with her. She just wouldn't let up on the crying. Last night 1 year later she wants nothing to do with sleeping with us in bed, she now has taken to sleeping in our bedroom window as some sort of guard. She is too special for words this one. I shall regale you with the story as to how she came to be our cat.
So last July we had decided to get a cat after my Grandparents and Parents had each gotten one. I wanted an orange cat that was female, even though I knew females don't come in orange. So that took some looking, on my mothers part only, I wasn't looking at all. I was happy to let some one else track down a cat. She called from the trailer on Rice Lake to tell me the small town near by had some orange cats at the Humane Society. So that following weekend we drove up for a vacation and a cat. We spent the morning saturday looking at cats and I found nothing. I was about to say that there was no cat good enough for me when out of nowhere Mr. "Who needs a cat?" Kyle says he has found the one. Apparently while I was looking she was in the cage behind him and she grabbed his sweater and pulled him in. She was the runt of the litter and named Coral (her litter had a Nemo theme). He snatched her from the cage and they snuggled right there with him demanding that I sign the papers so they could be together. So I did and by the time I was done Kyle wanted to go and buy things for her, I didn't get any time with her and I was mad. I didn't want a tori I wanted orange. But what could I say Kyle was in love and well he didn't want a cat in the first place so I needed to go with what he wanted so I could get one. We picked her up the next afternoon and brought her back to the trailer so we could pack and get ready to head back to Kitchener (not to mention that there was a bbq so we NEEDED to stay at least for dinner!) I learned more about my kitten like she had been born on Good Friday that year, a very important point for me as that made her extra special. We had originally called her Scribbles because of all her colours but as we played with her that night and we all got to know eachother we thought her just the sweetest little thing so we did a quick name change to Sugar and to make it a little more girly we added the middle name Petals. I have come to love her like my baby, and that is how she is treated around here (which explains the spoiledness). She is one of the family and even has her own chair at the table so that she can join in dinner conversation and maybe have a little food off one of our plates! She was such a little bean when we got her but now she is a big baby.
Looking at the pictures, the day we brought her home and the most recent from last week, she doesn't even look like the same cat.
Anyways that the story of how Sugar came to be here, though I guess we didn't pick her as much as she picked Kyle and he fell in love with a tiny little kitten.
No comments:
Post a Comment