So I got to go to ZooZ on the Canada Day long weekend, that was something else as we decided to do the "nice" thing and take my younger cousin. This was an experiment in parenting that resulted in a "may-be later" answer for when will we walk down that parenthood path. So it was all good all day, despite some rain and a VERY hyper 10 year old. Then as if to make an parenting exam out of a parenting experience (proving Heavenly Fathers sense of humour) it POURED. And I mean poured, and the wind picked up and the only thing I was left thinking was "well at least it wasn't snowing" as it did feel so cold it could snow. Kyle then decided to take Andrew to the gift shop, hahahaha stupid, he clearly hasn't been around kids. Pouring rain and a full zoo into a gift shop with a kid that has $25 in his pocket! Hahaha, that my friends is the reason why Kyle has soured on the having kids vision. So after waiting in the car for over an hour they were done in the gift shop and ready to go home. I was not impressed with Zooz if only due to the fact when we got there all the big cats were sleeping and by the time we had seen all the animals it was raining and time to go. The bald eagles were my favourites, but the kangaroo and foxes were cool as well. That trip probably could have been better had we not stayed up till 3am watching Batman Begins, and Jess staying out later than that.
Oh well it was yet another experience in my life that will possibly never happen again. This year seems to be the time for my "experiences", like when I stayed over in a hotel room with my mother in law Sylvia and her friend, indeed sleeping with Sylvia was something I didn't ever see me doing and well I don't ever see me doing again.
Well I got the tickets for free, and a free lunch, so it was indeed not all a loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment